Chapter 5

AFTER FOUR YEARS...

"RJ Honey, are you ready? We're gonna be late!" Amy yelled from his bedroom fixing her blonde hair.

He came out of the bathroom wearing a tuxedo. Amy went to him and fixed his bow. "Thanks sweetie," He smiled. "Lets go!"

"Gosh honey this place is so elegant! Are you sure my dress is fit for this?" She asked.

"You look fine sweetie. Trust me," he complimented her on her black long gown with a silver necklace to bring out her beautiful face.

It was RJ's company party. After he graduated to a vocational school called ITT Tech as a computer engineering he scored a job at Cisco. He's been working there for two years now and his company are sending him all over states to be their representative. He's a graphic engineer. He's job consists of everyday conference calls and meetings. Sa sipag at sa pag poporsige niya he finally owned his own house in Castro Valley, California. It has three bed room, two bath and two parking garage. He also own his own range rover and a BMW sport car. Life for him is what he always wanted. Simple and not chaotic.

He uses his nick name RJ para kahit papaano makalayo sa nakaraan nya. Hindi niya sinasabi sa mga kasamahan niya ang naiwan niya sa pilipinas. Although, hindi niya maitago sa mga filipino co workers niya pero sa tumagal tagal nasanay na rin sila. RJ Anderson ang pangalan niya. The first friend he had ay si Amy. She's an american woman with a witty personality. Outgoing siya at masaya kasama kaya nag click kaagad sila. They were classmates and roommate sa apartment he used to rent. Alam lahat ni Amy ang tungkol kay Sarah pero hindi niya sinabi ang pangalan or kung sino si Sarah sa pilipinas. Mga feelings lang ang sinabi niya. Ayaw niya kasi itrato siya ni Amy na special. Hindi rin sinabi Gerald ang real name nya or kung sino sya sa pilipinas.

Si Carly naman ay born and raise na dito. She heard about him and Sarah but never really paid attention. She only hears it if her aunties talk about Philippine showbiz on family gathering. She doesn't even know how Sarah or Gerald looks like. When she met Gerald, RJ na ang pinakilala sa kanya. Si Carly ay lesbian. Hindi sila masyado close ni Carly. Nag kakasama Lang sila pag nagkakayayaan. But since girlfriend na ito ni Amy, naging close na sila.

As soon as they entered the venue RJ handed Amy her mask. "This is a masquerade ball sweetie!" RJ put on his tuxedo mask on and Amy held up her black and silver mask. "Is Carly going to be here?"

"Of corse! She's bringing her cousin from other family because she's on vacation. I think her name is Sam. I forgot where she's from," Amy said.

They found their table and saw Carly. Carly wasn't wearing her mask. She doesn't want to ruin her make up.

"RJ! Finally, ang tagal nyo!" Sabi ni Carly with an accent.

"Hey! English!" Amy protested.

"Sorry sweetie Carly just said we took forever," pag ka translate ni RJ.

They all sat down in a circle table. Amy sat with Carly. They were talking and flirting with each other. Holding hands under the table. Making RJ feel uncomfortable. He looked around and saw some of his colleagues. He wanted mingle but doesn't want to leave his friends. He got to bring one guest and he brought Amy. Si Carly ay co worker nya. Pinakilala ni RJ si Amy kay Carly noon nag karoon sya ng house blessing. It has been six months and the two lesbians hit it off.

"RJ I brought my cousin Sam as my guest. Can you give me a favor and keep her company. She's here for a vacation. I felt bad leaving her at home," sabi ni Carly.

"Carly. Wag mo sabihin irereto mo nanaman sa akin yan! Remember what happened the last time nireto mo ako? Naging possessive!"

"Tanga hindi! Keep her company lang naman hindi ko sinabi I-date mo! Just for tonight!" sabi ni Carly with her American accent.

"Fine! Nasaan ba sya?" Tanong ni RJ.

"Sometimes I want to learn how to speak Tagalog so I won't be left out!" Sabi ni Amy.

***********

ONE WEEK AGO...

"Ready ka na sa vacation mo?" Tanong ng Ate Shine niya.

"Yup! Excited na ako! Finally I get to travel by myself and away from hectic showbiz schedules," sabi ni Sarah habang nag aayos ng mga maleta niya. "Buti nga pinayagan ako ng mga bosses ko na mag vacation for a month! This is rare!"

"Dapat Lang noh! Sa laki ng pera na naipasok mo sa kanila dapat lang!"

"Ate, ano ba."

"Two major record breaking movies! Sarah! You are still the reining Box Office Queen! You even broke you're own highest grossing film! You deserve this!"

"Ang nakakaloka ay pinayagan ako nila Mommy and Daddy! Yun ang nakakagulat!"

"Dapat Lang din! 29years old ka na noh! Pwede ka na nga gumawa ng babies!"

"Ate!" Sigaw nya sa ate niya.

After Gerald left she began to focus on her career. She got a lot better every time. Concerts here and there and all over the world. Movies and endorsement left and right. She kept her self busy with work. Naka pag pagawa na rin siya ng bahay sa mga ate niya para hindi na sila mag work pa out of the country. Yun younger brother na lang niya ang nasa school pa. Nag patayo rin siya ng tatlo pang branches ng Imo's Restaurant na ngayon ang mommy at daddy niya ang mga nag mamanage. It was her gift for them. For the four years that had past she made sure all her family is secured with all finances. She finally fulfilled her dreams.

She remembered what her parents said when she was sitting in their garden watching the stars two years ago. "Wag ka na mag alala pa sa amin nak. Hindi naman namin hiningi Ito sayo. Ang gusto lang namin maibigay sa inyo magkakapatid ang magandang buhay. Natupad mo na ang mga pangarap mo. I think it's time ikaw naman," sabi ng Mommy niya.

After that talk with her parents, she contacted her good friend KC Conception. She told her she wants to go somewhere na hindi siya masyado kilala. She wants to try to live by herself na walang nakakakilala sa kanya. I think it's time for her to find her own happiness. KC gave her the number of her good friend in California. KC called her friend and told her that a friend of her will be staying with her for a month. KC didn't tell her friend about Sarah. She even change Sarah's name.

The day she was leaving KC was the only one who dropped her off. They made sure they're both in disguise para walang maka kilala sa kanila. "Remember Sars, she will pick you up sa airport. Mag pinsan kayo okay? Hindi niya alam kung sino at ano ka. Basta sabi ko sa kanya good friend kita. You can trust her. She's a good person!" Paliwanag ni KC.

"Salamat KC! Hindi ko alam kung paano kita pasasalamatan! Ikaw na bahala kay you know who!" Natawa siya.

"Sus! Parang hindi tayo mag kaibigan! And don't worry got my wondering eyes working for you!" Pag biro ni KC.

They both hugged each other and Sarah entered the airport.

"Kace! Ano na ulit pangalan ng friend mo?!" Sigaw ni Sarah.

"Carly!"