Chapter 2

He got home after the ASAP incident. He was mad at himself for hurting Maja and maybe hurting Sarah again. He went to his room at doon niya nilabas lahat. Nag hahagis siya ng mga gamit niya. He messed up his bed. Punched walls and doors until he got tired. Everything sinked in to him. He's a complete mess. Ang gulo gulo ng utak niya. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang dapat niya maramdaman. Ang alam lang niya ay galit siya. Galit sya sa sarili niya. 

"Kuya! Open the door!" Ken yelled while knocking on his door.

"Bro!" Rayver yelled.

Gerald acted like he didn't hear anything. He sat down on the floor at sinandal ang ulo nya sa wall. He looked up sa ceiling just thinking. Rayver and Ken knocked down his bedroom door and saw him sitting on the floor with blood gushing down his knuckles. 

"I can't do this anymore," Gerald said calmly. 

"Bro. Kailangan mo mag punta sa hospital sugatan ka!" Sabi ni Rayver.

"What were you thinking kuya?! Dahil lang sa babae nag kakaganito ka!" Galit na sabi ni Ken. "Madami pang babae dyan!"

Gerald stood up and went to Ken's face. "Babae?! Wala ng iba pang babae! Siya Lang! Siya Lang!!!"

Umalis siya sa bahay ng galit na galit. He needed some fresh air. He drove and drove hangang gumabi na. He stopped by at a convenient store to get some medicine for pain. He also stopped by at the bathroom to wash his sugat sa kamay. He doesn't know what to do or go. He kept driving and driving. For no reason he entered her street. He didn't have any intention on going to her at all. He wasn't even thinking of her. His feet and hands just brought him in front of her house. 

It was almost midnight and he knew that everyone in that house are already sleeping. All he knows that some how something led him there. He got out of his car and sat on the gutter in front of her house. He had his elbows on his knees and hands on his face. He felt his heart beating. Everything froze in the moment his heart started to beat. His heart never beat like that since the last encounter with her. 

"Why?" She spoke. 

He knew it was her. He lifted his head to look at her. He had tears on his eyes.  

"You never gave me chances," he said.

"You gave up," she responded.

"Pero hindi ibig sabihin Hindi nawala ang pagmamahal ko sayo!" Galit sabi ni Gerald.

"And what do you want me to expect? Hintayin kung ano man ang mangyayari sa atin?!" She yelled back. "Ang daming chances Gerald! Nag hintay din ako! Wala akong na tanggap na kahit ano sa iyo! Tapos ngayon na okay na ang lahat sa akin. Ngayon bumabalik na ang mga ngiti ko gagawin mo Ito!"

Tumayo si Gerald sa harapan nya.  

"Ang selfish mo!" Sabay hampas sa dibdib ni Gerald napa ulit ulit habang umiiyak.

Bigla siya hinalikan ni Gerald sa labi. He kissed her hard never wanting to let go of her luscious lips. She tried to fight back but her feelings for him came rushing back and she returned the kiss until they are out of breath. 

"Ikaw pa rin. Ikaw pa rin Sarah. Kahit ilan araw o buwan kita pilit kalimutan ikaw pa rin ang tinitibok ng puso ko. Ikaw lang," bigla siya nag breakdown at nag iiyak sa dibdib ni Sarah habang yakap yakap sya into.

"Si Maja, alam niya lahat ng nararamdaman ko. Ikiniwento lahat ng sa atin. She was being a good friend to me," humihikbi na kwento ni Gerald.

"Shhh.. Shhh..." Pag aamo ni Sarah.

"Mahal kita. I love you! Ikaw lang. Maniwala ka Sarah. It's you! Always been you! Pakasal na tayo please!" Gerald continued.

Sarah laughed.

"What? I'm serious!"

"Lets go for a drive Ge," Sarah suggested.

They drove to a hill. Lumabas sila ng car and umupo sa hood ng car.  They laid down to watch the stars. Their hands intertwined.

"Mahal pa rin kita Gerald..." She started talking. 

He kissed her hand.

"Pero parehong magulo ang mga buhay natin. Ibinuhos natin lahat lahat sa pag mamahalan natin tapos ng mag kahiwalay tayo parang bumagsak ang mundo ko. Tumigil ang pag tibok ng puso ko. Naniwala ako sa pag mamahalan natin kasi akala ko eto na yun. Alam mo yun?"

Gerald remained silent.

"Siguro tama ka nga time will tell what's the best for us. After that night, after you told me to stop expecting anymore from you, it hurts so much. No explanation. Nothing. No closure. Then, nalaman ko na lang meron ka nang nililigawan. Ang bilis mo naman mag move on." Tears started falling from her eyes.

"I thought it was for the best. We were getting to attached to each other nakakalimutan natin ang mga ibang mahahalagang bagay. Katulad ng mga sarili natin, our family our dreams. Akoyo na masanay tayo na tayomg dalawa lang. We needed to love ourselves more before each other. Yun Kay Maja friends lang tagala. After what happened to us I needed a girl perspective. Puro lalaki kasama ko. Hindi ko naman akalain na mahuhulog sya sa akin. Pero I told her na meron na ibang nag mamayari ng puso ko at ikaw yun," lumingon sya Kay Sarah.

"Now I understand. Mahal kita pero I need to love myself first before I can fully love you again."

"I don't know what would I do without you Babe," his tears started falling.

"Nakaya natin hindi mag kita ng halos isang taon, siguro kaya pa natin more than that. And now we have understanding, we finally have the closure that we have been waiting for I think mas magiging madali sa atin," umiiyak na sabi ni Sarah.

Gerald didn't speak anymore. He just held her hand. He knows that this is really is it. They are both free from all the pain, from all the guilt, and for the first time in a long time gumaan ang pakiramdam nila. Nag pakawala siya ng malalim na hininga. He turned to her. He wiped her tears and smiled. The smile that only shows up whenever he's with her. 

"Lets go. I'll drop you home."

"No, I want to stay here with you and watch the sunrise."

"For the last time."

"No. Till the next time..."

They both smiled and cuddle till the sunrise.