Chapter 42

-Prince's POV-  

As she left, I paced back and forth in the living room. Where the hell was I going to take her? I didn't want to be cheesy and do some replica date like they always do in fanfic. I want to be original in my own way. I scrolled through my IPhone for ideas. Just as I had found one, Indiana came downstairs in a "Marines" crop top, black studded skinnys, and a white studded canvas backpack. Her hair was bone staright and she had flat twists on each side. She was absolutely beautiful, no matter what she wore and I loved how stylish she was. She matched my fly. I grabbed her hand and walked her out to the car. I hopped into the driver's side and began driving her. The car ride there was just filled with us laughing and joking about the stupid shit that we do/ we've done. It's almost as if we didn't hate eachothers' guts earlier this week. A few minutes later, I stopped at the beach and began to park on the pier. Indiana looked at me like I was crazy, but I gave her a reassuring look. Soon after, other cars began to show up. A huge screen was set out in front and I opened up the SUV and began to set up blankets and snacks. The Drive-In movie they were playing tonight was "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower". I knew it was one of Indiana's favorite movies from when I first met her. The first thing she did was have this wild grin on her face, that made me smile back at her. She was just so cute :3 Halfway through the movie, it began to remind me of my past and how I was severly bullied because I had big hair and I was a boy who did dance. 

"Jake...are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah...I-I"m fine."

"No, you're not. Come on, talk to me...."

"Okay...." I gave in.

"It all started in grade school. The guys there didn't exactly like me in public school and all the girls ever did was make fun of my hair. After school, everyday, the boys used to beat me up behind school. And, If I didn't show up, they'd promise to cut me. They even showed me the switch blades that they were gonna use. And, if I had went to the principal about it, they'd promise to get their older brothers in me who were in High School, so I was pretty scared. Every single day, they came and they punched me, spat on me, called me a fag and etc. It got so bad, that one day I just decided to commit suicide. At my age, I wanted to commit suicide...." Indiana didn't respond, but she just nodded and held me.

"One day, I got so tired of it all. So, I actually grew the balls to actually do it. I went into my laundry room in the basement of the house, and I found a big container of Clorox. I went down into my kitchen, and grabbed the biggest glass I could. I filled it all the way to the top with the bleach and I just stared at it, for a half-hour.I was just rethinking my life....deciding on whether on not I should drink it. My mom was due home from work anytime soon, and the last thing I wanted to happen was for me to back out of this. I assumed that I've ruined her life as well, I was or am the reason why my dad left. With that last thought, I chugged do an the glass of bleach. Ten minutes later, I was still conscious. So, I just decided that God still wanted me here to suffer. My mom came home an hour later, and that's when the bleach took affect on my body. I instantly just fell out. When she walked inside the house and up to my room to check on me,. I wasn't breathing."

I stopped for a few moments as Indiana's eyes began to water. My grip on her tightened a bit, as if to console her. I continued the story, "Well, she called the ambulance and they came and got me. The whole time she was holding my hand and praying....praying that I would wake up. She didn't even realise that I had basically attempted suicide. When we got to the doctor, I was expected to be conscious again, but I would be in a coma for a long period of time. My dad got there to hear that announcement, and he said to my mother, "I ain't got no money for no damn funeral, so I don't know what the hell you called me up here for" "

"Wait...how did you know?" Indi asked, shocked.

"I could hear things while I was in the coma...it's actually pretty weird.. But, um to sum of that bit of he story, my mom went into a nervous breakdown after 2 weeks of me still lying in a hospital bed, unresponsive. Every day, she came and prayed for me, but I just couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. Anyway, they had my mom sent to a mental hospital in the mental ward division of the hospital. She stayed there for a year and decided to move in with my abuelita (grandmother). A year later, they got a call saying that I had recovered from the coma and was fully awake and alert. They both flew back down to Maryland and came and got me from the hospital. I didn't remember some of my childhood, but I was mostly the same person before all the bullying started. Long story short, we moved down here to South Central, my mom and I moved out of Abuelita's and into our own place, and things have been good."

"So, how'd you meet the boys?" Indi asked.

"Well, I had sort of fallen in with the wrong crowd in middle school and they introduced me to some members of the gang. From there, I met all the guys and we all had to bond as we were the juniors who were sent out to do the gangs dirty, dirty work. Roc and Ray absolutely wanted to KILL each other, but through the years they've be come really tight. Especially because we've been through alot. We were just too young to go through the things that we did. We were smoking and dealing weed, drinking, having sex, and killing. And through it all, we've been there for each other. When Prod got shot, we were there. When Roc almost got a DUI at 14, we were there. When Ray got two girls pregnant and they both got abortions against his judgement, we were there. And when I was almost killed by a rival gang , they were there for me. You see, I was very kept to myself for a reason, because I wouldn't have wanted anyone to fall into the type of shit I get myself into. But then, you came along and you just made my life so much better....and you're the first girl I've ever loved. I'm sorry I've hurt you in the past, but I will dedicate the rest of my life, making it up to you. I promise you this. I Love You."

With that being said, I passionately kissed her and the ending song and credits flashed against the extra large screen. She looked beyond speechless at me opening up and pouring out my heart to her. But, this night had to come to an end unfortunately. We wiped each others tears, and began packing up our stuff for the drive back home. I finally understand this. I finally understand what it's like to be loved