Chapter 1

-Indiana's POV-

I sat in the office alone, waiting for the principal to escort me to class. I was filled with anxiety, as I tapped on the chair next to me. I wondered if things would be different now that I've moved to L.A. Hopefully, it would be. A tall,olive-skinned woman greeted me. Her warm brown eyes sparkled just as her dirty blonde hair.

"Hello, Indiana. My name is Principal Hockney. Welcome to Lakefield High. Follow me." She smiled.

I got up from my seat and began walking towards my new homeroom . Minutes later, Principal Hockney handed me my program card and opened up the door for my Pre-Calc class.

It seemed as if everyone knew I was here except for my teacher .-.

I cleared my throat, "Umm...Hi? I'm Indiana Williams?"

"Oh..yes. Come in, Come in. Class, this is Indiana Williams, our new student from Michigan. She was #1 on her dean's list for 2 years straight and a skilled singer! Anyone want to show Indiana around our facility?" He asked as the boys in the room instantly volunteered..well except for 3....

"Hmm...lets see....Jacob. You can show Indiana around." Mr.Dawn invited.

"I didn't have my hand raised." Jacob scoffed.

"Well, I'm volunteering you. Maybe you can make up some of those cutting marks on your report card." Mr.Dawn shot back. He then turned back to me, "You can sit right next to Mr.McCann."

I awkwardly made my way to the back of the class, sitting between the two who showed the least amount of interest in me. Jason McCann and Jacob Perez.

I took out a pen and binder and began jotting down notes. This couldn't be too hard, I guess. 15 minutes later the bell rang, and Mr.Dawn dismissed us. I followed behind Jacob, waiting for him to atleast say "Hi."

"Where's your schedule?" He asked.

I handed him a pink slip of paper with my program information.

"Okay, listen, we have about 4 classes today. You stay out of my way, got it? I am not gonna be your friend after this and I probably won't even remember your name. K?"

I blinked twice, wondering who he was talking to like that.

"Lets go. We're gonna be late for English."

I rolled my eyes, and followed behind him.

What an interesting day I'm gonna have...

-Lunch-

"You going to lunch?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged, " even tho Imma be a loner .-."

He sighed, "I'll eat lunch with you. Today and today only, new girl."

"Indiana." I corrected.

"Yeah. Whatever." He turned on his heel and walked away with me closely behind.

As we entered, all eyes were on us. I don't know what the big deal is. I'm only a transfer student .-. And im sure Lakefield gets ALOT of those.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Prince said loudly.

The whole lunch line turned around to look at us. I just stood there awkwardly as Prince gave death stares. A few minutes later, Prince and his.friends sat at the back of the lunchroom with me. I didn't really talk, because I honestly don't know what they would say back, and I don't want any trouble on my first day.

"Your allowed to talk, you know,Sweetheart" Jacob said.

"It's INDIANA. And I know, I don't need your approval" I sassed.