Chapter 49

''Okay let's go!'' Elena practically ran down the stairs with a grin. 

I tore my eyes from the picture of their family and stood up smiling at her. ''Sounds good to me.'' I gave her a warm smile before walking with her out the door and to my car. She stopped and dragged me over to her car.

''I'm driving.'' Elena smiled. I gave her a confused look and glanced over at my truck.

''What's wrong with my truck?'' I asked.

She rolled her eyes. ''Nothing. Except it looks like it's about to kill over any minute.'' I sighed and eyed my truck. She was right. I had gotten it so long ago that it did look it's age. This just seemed to support my earlier thought of buying a new car. 

I got in the passenger seat of Elena's car as she drove to the school. It was nice just to talk about little thing. The game, school, normal teenage stuff. I hadn't been a normal teenager since 1864 and even then I wasn't really considered normal.

We got to school and parked the car. As I was walking through the parking lot and campus of the school I saw so many people. They were sitting in chair, throwing around a football for fun, and some even drinking. I glanced away from them and continued to walk with Elena to where ever in hell she was dragging me. We went over towards the field where she spotted some of her friends from cheerleading. I held back rolling my eyes as we went over to them and starting talking.

I wasn't really in the mood to talk to them but I was with Elena and I was not leaving her alone. Just because I wasn't right about Damon earlier doesn't mean he wouldn't try it at some point. I stood next to her and giving the girls fake laughs and smiles while my senses were on high alert for any sign of Damon. I heard footsteps approaching and my eyes flicked over towards the noise. Relaxing slightly as I saw it was the wrong brother.

Stefan walked over smiling towards Elena. His gaze went to me curiously but looked back at Elena before she noticed. Elena's face rose to a smile. ''Ooo look at you. You look hot in your jersey.'' 

I snickered quietly and Stefan shot me a smirk before returning his attention to Elena. ''What happened no more cheerleader?''

She sighed. ''I quit. I'm a quitter.''

He chuckled slightly and held her hand in his lightly. ''No. You're not a quitter. You suffered a great loss. You're not the same person.You should be looking ahead, starting over.'' 

As I watched my brother speak to Elena I could see the love in his eyes. I could also see a bit of a double meaning in his words. I let out a sigh then caught sight of Bonnie from the corner of my eye. ''Well hey, I'm gonna leave you two alone. I'm just gonna go see Bonnie quick.'' I smiled at Elena brightly when she gave me a scowl. Her face was beginning to turn red but I walked away before I embarrassed her more. 

Bonnie gave me a smile as I sat down next to her on a bench. ''Hey. I see you and Elena both decided to ditch cheerleading.''

I laughed ''Well I came to half of a practice. I hardly think I was ever a part of cheerleading.'' 

We laughed for a while then set our gazes back towards Stefan and Elena. She was smiling down at something in his hands and she turned around, lifting her hair. I saw Stefans hand drops something on her neck. He was putting a necklace on her. I smiled to myself as I watched this and nudged Bonnie's arm. 

Suddenly I gasped, my eyes fixed on her necklace. This earned me a strange look from Bonnie "Emma? What's wrong."

The necklace. My necklace. It was the necklace my father had given me back when I was human. The one with Vervain..

I wasn't mad about this. I was actually kind of glad that Stefan had found my necklace and used it for Elena to keep her safe. It just hurt me deep knowing that he had no idea where that necklace came from. To him it was just a mystery Vervain necklace he found in a tree.

I shook my head at Bonnie and smiled "Nothing, that necklace.. it's just really beautiful."

We both grinned and watched Elena and Stefan. Smiling I watched them talk happily. They looked into each others eyes and I could see the love in my brothers. Elena leaned up and kissed his lips. I could feel my eyes fill with tears. Both of happiness and sorrow. I was happy my brother was with someone and would be happy after all these years in the dark, but a small part of me felt sad. I was still in the shadows while he got to be happy in the sun. Elena was his sun while I sat in the dark. I wondered if I would ever find someone who could make me happy the way she made Stefan.

After a minute, Stefan left to go get ready for the game. Elena turned to run right into Caroline, giving her a sneer. ''And you're not in uniform because?''

Bonnie and I exchanged a look before we jumped off the bench and made our way over to save Elena from the wrath known as Caroline.

**Hey guys, I know it has been forever since I've uploaded and I'm really sorry! My computer crashed and needs a new motherboard so I lost all of my chapters I wrote. I'm using my laptop now but it has no sound so it will be more difficult for me to write since I can't watch the episodes as I go. I'll go from memory for now and try to upload more often.