Chapter 27

The next morning, I woke up and made some coffee in my camper.

I sat back in my bed and looked through my many books that I had stashed by my bed. As I was looking, I found my long lost diary. I hadn't written in it after I turned. The whole sense of everything new was too overwhelming to put into words. I went through everything that I had written. My past, my human life. How I missed the days when I had my brothers and family.

I slammed the book closed as I felt tears in my eyes. I sighed and got out of bed to get ready for the day. Well it was actually tectonically afternoon but oh well the sun was still up. I had stopped at the hospital last night to grab more blood so I was good to go. After I downed a bag, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, grabbed a purse and drove to town.

I went down to the Grill because it was the only place that I knew where it was anymore. Once I got there, I ordered a drink and waited. Maybe I would see Stefan here again.

I could hear voices and footsteps all around me. Suddenly I could hear approaching footsteps but did not turn to see who it was because I could not hear someone approaching if I was human.

''Hi'' I heard a high soprano voice behind me. I pretended to jump and be startled. I turned to look at a pretty blond girl.

''Hello.'' I said politely although the last thing I wanted to do was talk to a teenager. I'm surprised she even talked to me. I had to admit, I probably scared her. I had black skinny jeans on with bright neon green converse sneakers, a dark purple tank that fit to my slender body with my leather jacket again. My dark brown hair had been cut in edgy layer, the bangs moving across my blue eyes. My blue eyes, which had been outlined in eyeliner and eyeshadow.

She on the other hand was wearing a bright neon yellow sun dress with a lacy white short cropped jacket. Her blonde hair was in loose curls. She had a very pretty face.

''My name is Caroline. I don't think I've seen you around here?'' As she spoke, she took the seat next to me.

I shook my head as my food came. I grabbed a fry. ''Nope. I'm just passing through. My names Emma.''

She seemed surprised by that answer. ''Passing through? But you can't be any older than 17? Are you with your parents?''

This girl asked way to many questions. I thought I may have to use compulsion on her. ''I'm 16 and no, I'm on my own. My parents died when I was young and as soon as I got my licence, I bought a truck, bought a camper, and went on the road.'' That was my story that I had come up with on my feet a few years back once when I was out looking for a meal.

''Oh my god, I am so sorry! You know I have a friends who's parents just died. Maybe you should stick around for a while and meet up with her. There's a party tonight in the woods. Everyone's going to be there. You should come.'' Her personality was so bubbly. It was kind of annoying. I almost said no but her words, 'everyone will be there' stopped me. Stefan might be there.

''That sounds like fun.'' Maybe this could be just what I needed. Some real teenager time. Even though i'm not a real teenager. I'm 160 years old.

''Great! The party is at 7. You know what? How about I take you to my house and we can get ready. I need to change majorly.''

''Oh Caroline that's very kind of you but you don't need to do that.'' Was this chick serious? She is going to find a loner girl, by herself and offer to take her to her house and take her to a party. Why had I not seen this before! Don't go for the boys to get food. Befriend a dumb girl and use her! Wow i'm dumb. But I wasn't going to feed off of this girl Caroline. She seemed to be a way that I could get to Stefan.