Chapter 44 part 2

**Okay i forgot to put this onto the last chapter so here you go!! sorry!!

After a long, silent moment of me staring out the windshield Damon reached over and carefully wiped the tears that were streaking down my cheek. I smiled and looked over at him. He smiled back then sighed.

"Who are you?" he asked once again.

I sighed and looked away. "As I said before, I can't tell you yet." I looked back up at him. "You're just going to have to trust me."

He chuckled and put his feet up on the dashboard looking smug. "I don't trust anyone."

I laughed and knocked his feet off. "Neither do I but how about we make a deal?"

"I'm listening."

"I'll trust you, if you trust me." I smiled at him and held my hand out. "Deal?"

He look casually down at my hand and sighed. "Fine, deal." He shook my my hand and then looked up into my eyes. I could see a spark of light in his eyes, like he remembered me. All I could think about is that this is the next step. Now that they both trust me, all I have to do is get them to remember. It can't be that hard. 

Suddenly his phone buzzed. He growled under his breath and looked at the text. "God damn this girl." He sighed and put his phone away. "I have to go deal with something." He rolled his eyes and smirked.

I nodded. "Do you need me to drive or to you want to run?"

He shrugged. "I'll run. It's faster." He opened his door and stood up outside. "Oh before I go," He turned back to lean in the car. "Since we are on good terms now and you refuse to tell me who you are, would you come by to the house later? I think it would be good for all of the vampires in town to establish rules" He laughed. "Rules, listen to me! Ha!" 

I laughed with him. "Who needs rules?" 

He stared at me for a moment with a huge cocky grin. "I like your attitude. You're not that bad after all." He stood up. "Well I think you can sniff your way to our house so it would be pointless to give you directions." He gave me a wink. "See you tonight." And my brother was gone.

I sighed and leaned back against my seat replaying the events in my head.

"I need a drink."