Chapter 12

''Go, son! Now!'' I could here my father screaming at Stefan from Katherine's room a while later. My fathers harsh tone making me cringe in my seat. I still hadn't moved from my spot on the sofa, Damon had left a few minutes earlier. 

        Stefan came running down the stairs, his shirt was off and he had a bloody bite mark on his base of his throat.  Before he ran out of the door, he looked at me with a look of pure anger. Hatred. He shot out the door and ran towards town.  

        A few minutes later, the sheriff and Jonathan Gilbert came in the door with Stefan no where in sight. They ran up the stairs only to return minutes later with Katherine in their arms wearing the muzzle device that Mr. Gilbert showed father. Damon came running down the stairs just as they were carrying her out. "No! Don't take her!" He screamed.

        Father came up and slammed him into a wall. "Do you know what they will do to you if your branded a sympathizer. You'll be killed along with them." 

        Damon grabbed father by the shoulders. "Then let me be killed." He yelled as he struggled out of fathers arms. 

        "Damon, stop!" I started to run after him. 

        He stopped and turned to me. "You. You put Vervain in our tea earlier, didn't you? That is why the love of my life was just carried out to her death. You hurt me sister. It is your fault she is going to die. Yours and Stefans." Damon shook my arm off him and ran towards the woods in the opposite direction that they took Katherine. 

        I crumpled the ground when the pain became unbearable. My brothers hated me. I had expected as much but it didn't make it hurt any less. And the worst part of it was, no matter how much I apologized, it would not matter. They had been compelled to love her. They would never be able to forgive me. 

        I curled up on the ground sobbing for a while until I felt a firm hand on my back. I looked up into my fathers eyes. "Come Emma, we must get you safe in the house. It's starting. It would not be good for you to be out in the open now." Father helped me to my feet. 

        "But father, what about Damon? And Stefan? They are out there." I was still crying so I had to speak between sobs. 

        "I will find them Emma now please go into the house." I nodded slowly and ran into the house. I ran quickly up to my bedroom and curled up once again and cried. 

        Once night settled I could here men shouting at each other and gunshots ringing through the air.  I couldn't imagine my brothers and father being out there. I had to find them. I knew that it was very ignorant of me to go out so I took precautions.  

        I ran down the steps to find the Vervain that I had used earlier and swallowed the whole vile.  I then went into fathers office and grabbed two needles filled with Vervain, one wooden stake, and a pistol filled with wooden bullets. I went back to my room to grab a bag, put my weapons in and ran out the door.