Chapter 20

"Emma! Are you awake?'' I could hear Annabelle's frantic voice beside me.

        ''Could you not speak so loud, my head is in so much pain.'' I groaned as I opened my eyes. Anna was kneeling beside the bed next to me. I took in my surroundings, they were different than before. I was now in a dark lit room, laying on a bed. Besides the fact that the room was dark, pain was shooting through my head. I sat up painfully and groaned again.

        Anna grabbed me in her arms. ''Emma I was so worried. You weren't waking up and I didn't know if the blood had gotten in your system in time. I thought I had killed you for real!'' Her voice sounded so shaky and scared.
        ''Anna, I'm fine.'' I had a smile of my face from seeing my mother.
        Anna let go of her hold on me and stood up. ''Come. It's time to complete the transformation.'' She gave me her hand to help me up.
        I nodded and took her hand. As I stood up, I felt light headed and dizzy. As I started fall, Anna had her hands around me in a flash. ''You okay?'' Her voice full of concern.
        I nodded at her again. ''Yes just a little uneasy on my legs.'' We walked out of the room and headed out to the living room. Emily was waiting there with a small red box in her lap and holding a ring in her hand. Once she saw us, she stood up and walked over to us. ''Take this,'' She handed me the ring. ''It will keep you safe from sun rays.'' As I looked at it, I realized it was really beautiful. The ring was on a silver base, on the top, was a large dark blue gem. It was beautiful. I carefully put the ring on my third finger on my left hand.

        She then handed me the red box. I opened it it to see my old necklace. ''Why are you giving this to me?'' I asked ''I thought I couldn't wear it?"
        Emily nodded at me. ''No ,but others can. Over time, you might find someone that you want to give it to. To protect them from others or yourself.'' She took a step back. ''Now I think that it would be best if you were to leave now. My family will be here soon and it would not be wise of her to be so close to so many people.''
       Emily walked up to Anna. ''Watch out for her. And remember,'' She hugged Anna and whispered in her ear. ''Be strong until then. Everything will work out.'' Emily released Anna and I could see that Anna had tears in her eyes.

        Emily came to me and gave me a hug too. ''Good luck on your quest. I wish you all the best in this life. I would not have wished this curse on anyone but I have respected your choices. Good luck.'' She smiled at me as Anna and I walked out the door.
        As we were walking, I realized that it was almost dawn. ''So where to now?'' I knew what I had to do but who to do it to was the difficult part. I knew if Stefan hadn't gotten to father, he would be my choice but that ship had sailed.
        Anna took my hand and didn't speak. She led me to a large tree. ''Stay hidden here for a moment. I shall be only a moment.'' Then she disappeared in a blur. She was gone for a total of five minutes. During those five minutes, my sense heightened even more.

        Anna came back with a woman. She was walking at a human speed with the woman. I did not recognize her. Anna gestured for her to sit down next to me.
        ''Anna?'' I asked wearily. I was nervous about what I was about to do.
        I could feel something inside of me though. It was a burning hunger. I felt like I could have ate an entire thanksgiving dinner.

        Anna came down and sat next to me and the woman. She placed a hand on my leg and looked me in the eyes. As I watched them, I could see them changing. The veins came out and she barred her fangs. She smiled at me before leaning into the womans neck. I saw her give a small jump and her muscles tensed. When Anna pulled back, I could see a bite mark on the woman's neck.

        The wound was bleeding. This blood draw to me. I could smell it. It was pulling me in like nothing else. The hunger inside me raged and burned. I leaned in closer to the woman, pulling my mouth closer and closer to the blood. I could think of nothing else in the world except the fact that I wanted the blood. Finally, I got so close that I grazed my tongue along the bite. This blood exploded in my mouth more than Anna's did. It was like bliss in a drink. The hunger roared and begged me to drink more. I brought my lips down to her neck and drank. I suddenly felt something changing in me. Every nerve in my body became hyperactive. I pulled back from the woman for a moment to take everything in.

        My sight was so much clearer. I could see everything. I could hear from far away. A small animal running through the forest. I looked back down at the woman's mark. The blood made a change in me. I felt a pressure under my eyes and in my gums. Once I took my tongue over my teeth I found why. My teeth had become sharp and pointed. Longer than my other teeth also.

        The hunger inside me burned and I opened my mouth and bit the girl again. This time I drank until she was dry.