Chapter 7

'Dear Diary, 

It has been a month since I witnessed the scene between my brother and Lady Katherine. To this day what I saw still haunts me. But the more I think about it, the more I'm begining to think it was all a dream. When Stefan came down from his room that morning, he had no marks on him. No blood or cuts or bite marks.

Father has taken a liking to Katherine as well. Not in the same way my brother has; but father approves of their relationship and thinks that Katherine was a good match for Stephan. Even I had started to warm up to her until a few nights ago.' 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

        Again! They were at it again. Every night, I heard Katherine's laughing. I thought for sure that father would hear but he never said anything. I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands. I thrust on my house coat and walked towards Stefan's room. But as I got closer to the door, I noticed that the laughter wasn't coming from his room. Confused, I turned around and went towards the sound. 

        I stopped in front of Damon's room. What was going on? I thought Katherine was with Stefan not Damon.  I sighed quietly before knocking. Her giggling finally stopped. I heard hushed tones behind the door but I couldn't make out what was being said. After a minute, Damon came to the door, just his head, his neck and rest of his body were hidden behind the door in an awkard and suspicious position. "Emma, what is it?" He asked in an irritated voice, his eyes narrowed at me, though I could tell there was some fear lurking behind his irritation. 

        I looked at him with a hurt expression. "Damon, how could you do this? How could you do this to your own brother? He is so happy, then you go behind his back and do this? How do you think Stefan will feel once I tell him?" 

        His eyebrows shot up. "Emma you can't!" He yelled in a hushed tone. "Please, I can't explain it but you cannot tell Stefan. You can't tell anybody. It- It's not what it looks like. Kathrine and I were just talking a-and getting to know each other better. Please sister, for me do not tell Stefan." Damon studdered his way through an excuse, and I just laughed.

        "Why not, so you can continue to sneak behind my brother's back? I won't have it! Not in my house and not between you two. I will not stand for this bad blood to be between my brothers" I shoved the door with my shoulder with all my might, pushing past Damon. "Damon I don't understa-" I stopped short once I saw his neck. There was a giant wound on it, freshly marked with wet blood. It was a bite mark. I turned towards where Katherine. She laid on Damon's bed, less than half dressed. Obviously I had just walked in on something I really should not have. But that wasn't what surprised me now. What surprised me was her face, her mouth. It was covered in blood. Damon's blood. 

        "What sort of sick person are you, Katherine? Hurting my brothers? Toying with their feelings then pushing your sick, demented ways for pleasure upon them? I won't have it any longer. Once father finds out then you will be out of-" As I had started to turn towards the door to leave, I was pushed into the wall. Hard.

        Katherine had a hand on my throat, choking me and cutting off my air supply. Her face was different now, like how you would picture a demon to look like. The veins beneath her once warm, brown eyes, had popped out of her skin. She smiled and I would have gasped if I wasn't at a loss of breath. Her teeth were sharp and pointed into fangs. 

        "Katherine," Damon said in a weary voice. "I don't mind other people but not my sister, please." He had backed away slightly, trying not to make the situation worse. I wasn't sure how much longer I could go without air, the world was starting to spin and go blurry.

        Katherine gave Damon a irritated look as her face fell back into it usual, beautiful face before slamming my head back against the wall.  The blow causing my vision to go a little dark, making me even more woozy. Before I could even think about being unconcious, Katherines gaze was on mine. "You will forget what you saw tonight." As she spoke, her pupils were changing from larger to small and back again. I was facinated by the change, so I couldn't look away. "You will remember nothing. You will go back to your room now and fall asleep and tell yourself everything was a dream. A terrible nightmare that you will never speak to anyone about. Do you understand?" 

        Something about the way her face had changed and something about the look in her eye, made me lie and say, "I understand." 

        She set me down and pushed me out the door towards my room. I followed her instructions and went to my room without another word. I couldn't let her get away with hurting both my brothers, but I knew she was stronger than me and would not hesitate to end my life if I got in her way. She made that clear. I was going to have to be smart. 

She was a monster. A demon. A vampire.