Chapter 22

As I glanced around, I couldn't see him. Dammit, I lost him again. The dancing bodies and flashing lights were very distracting. I ran around the corner at human speed, which was way too slow and completely annoying. Once I rounded the corner I ran straight into him. "Oh. I am so sorry I am so cumbsy!" I acted completely innocent.
       "It's no problem." He smiled at me. "What's your name?"
        I returned his smile. "Emma. What about you?" As if I didn't already know.

        "Darren." He took my hand and shook it gently. I could feel the blood pumping through his veins. The warmth was almost unbearable. I could feel the pain in my jaw but I held back. I didn't need to go vamp in front of him. Not yet.
        "May I get you a drink?" He asked.
        I smirked at that, his choice in wording. "Yes. Please."

        Darren and I danced for an hour. I was getting bored because I was really hungry. I turned around and kissed him heavily on the lips. "Lets go somewhere." I whispered. He looked sort of confused and I could tell that he was going to protest but after looking in my eyes, he smiled and nodded. I loved being a vampire.

        I grabbed his hand and ran to a cab. He kept reaching down to kiss me and I of course had to kiss him back. The taxi driver was very uncomfortable in his seat. Huh maybe I could have both... Nah I'll stick with one. Don't want to get messy.

        We finally got to the nearest hotel and he paid for the room like a gentleman. As we went to the room, he threw me on the bed and laid on top of me. I was getting impatient. As he was kissing me, I rolled him over and tore his shirt off. My mouth started to kiss this chin then the base of his face until I found my mark.

       Darren was moaning pleasantly. I kissed the vein in his neck. His heart was beating at a super rate. The blood was flowing fast through his neck. I could feel the hunger growing stronger. My teeth going sharp and pressure under my eyes.

        His hands were all over me, I took his hands off and pushed them up by his head so he couldn't move. My tongue traced the vein and he moaned again. The hunger was roaring at me so I caved. My fangs bit into his neck. Darren shuddered. He kept trying to push me off but he didn't stand a chance against my strength.

        The blood was soothing the pain. I didn't want to but I pulled away. I didn't want to kill the guy. Just wanted a drink. Darren's eyes were bulging out of his head. I smiled at him, fangs and all. "Wha- what are you!" He screamed. I rolled my eyes and placed a hand over his mouth.

        My eyes poured into him and used my compulsion. "You are not scared of me. And you will drink this."
        "Drink what?" He answered in monotone.

        I lifted my arm up to my mouth and bit it. Once it was bleeding, I quickly shoved my hand into his mouth. He drank obediently for a few seconds before I pulled away. Once he was done, I pushed his head to one side to watch the mark I had left. It started to shrink before it disappeared completely.

        I smiled at my work and went back up to him. "You will forget what happened. When people ask you what happened, you tell them that we had sex. That it was amazing and that I was gone when you woke up. You will not come looking for me. This was a simple one night stand without any strings attached." I compelled.
        "No strings attached." He repeated.
        I smiled and ran into the bathroom while he was still in the trance, got a wet cloth and washed off his neck. "Goodbye Darren. Thank you." I kissed him on the cheek before jumping out the window.