Chapter 41

We went to the football field to see girls in short shorts stretching. Wow no wonder football players always had the cheerleaders on the field. I laughed silently to myself as Bonnie took me over to her bag and pulled out a pair or short shorts for me. "There you go. Now just go into the bathroom and change quickly."

I nodded and ran as fast as I could at a human pace inside the building and into the bathroom. I didn't want to keep them waiting, so as fast as I could I through off my shirt, necklaces and jeans. Then I reached down and put on the pair of shorts. They were black and barely covered my ass. I might just keep them.

I looked in the mirror as I also pulled my hair up. I never thought I would be a cheerleader. Now I look perfect for the part. I wondered why I was doing this. Was I doing it so I could be accepted and to help my role here as a normal human? Or was I doing it to prove something to myself? I shook my head and looked down and my hands that were now gripping the sink. On my left hand was the ring that had never left my hand for over one hundred years.

I lifted my hand so I could get a better view of it even though I had spent so long studying it. The hard, blue stone that was held by a sleek silver base. It was a beautiful ring and I was grateful everyday that it was mine.I sighed. What would they say about it? I'm obviously not supposed to wear jewelry but it's not like I could take it off. The sun was shinning brightly today. Well I guess they were just going to have to deal with it. I shrugged to myself before sprinting back out the doors and to the football field.

Bonnie had started to stretch and I moved to sit next to her. She looked up at me and smiled. "Wow you're gonna fit right in!"

I laughed. "I hope so."She laughed with me as we started to stretch. Well, she stretched and I pretended to. I didn't need to but I did for show.

About a minute later, we heard a girl clear their throat loudly. We looked up to see Elena."Oh my god, you're here!" Bonnie bounced up and hugged her tight. I too stood up and once Bonnie released her she came to me and hugged me. I returned it feeling slightly awkward but laughed it off in joy of seeing her. It was so nice not to associate her face to the evil personality of Katherine like I had for all these years.

"Yep. I can't be sad girl forever. The only way to get things back to the way they were are to do things that were." Bonnie and I both gave her a sad look before we sat down and started to stretch. Elena then continued "Oh and you're coming to dinner tonight."

I laughed to myself at the plan that I wasn't supposed to no about but I still did. I looked away and started to stretch but kept my ears to them. "I am?" Bonnie asked humorously.

"Yep. You, me and Stefan." Bonnie then gave long out take of breath. I could tell by the tone in Elena's next words that her face was not of excitement. "You have to give him a chance."

"Tonights no good." Bonnie gave her an excuse. Obviously my talk with her about the feeling she had felt made her warm up to me but she still wasn't sure about Stefan. I looked up at them having a scowling contest before Bonnie broke the silence. "Have you seen Caroline? I've texted her like a thousand times. She just disappeared after lunch."

Elena looked away and rolled her eyes. "Don't change the subject Bonnie Bennett. You're going to be there."

She gave a huff then answered. "Fine. I'll go."

Elena laughed. "Good." She then looked up at me as I turned away. I didn't want her to feel bad for not inviting me because this was for Bonnie and Elena and Stefan. None of my business. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bonnie look at Elena pleadingly and shoot a finger in my direction. Bonnie wanted me to come? I felt touched. Elena nodded and turned to me. "So Emma, what are you doing tonight?"

I turned to look up at her and shrugged. "I don't think anything. Why?"

She smiled at me. "Would you like to come to dinner too? You're more than welcome to"

I gave her and Bonnie a bright smile. "Of course. I would love to come." Bonnie clapped excitedly and wrapped her arms around us. We all laughed as we then went back to stretching. We then stood up and they tried to show me some of the routine but we ended up just talking more.

"Seriously where is Caroline?" Bonnie asked worriedly.

Elena shrugged. "I don't know. It's not like her."

Bonnie sighed. "I'll try her again." Just as Bonnie picked up her phone, I heard the sound of music being played loudly and an engine purring. I looked up before they heard it but once they did, Bonnie and Elena both looked towards the parking lot.

I growled to myself at what I saw. A blue mustang pulled up into the parking lot with Caroline in the passenger seat and a male driver in the front. The driver had short black hair and a smirk on his face. The driver was my brother.

"Uhhh." Elena said as she pointed towards the car.

"Oh my god." I heard Bonnie say behind me but I was beyond paying attention. Once the car stopped, Caroline leaned over in her seat and reached over to kiss him on the lips. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Elena and Bonnie. "That must be the mystery guy from the Grill." Bonnie was telling Elena.

She shook her head. "That's not a mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore." I wanted to nod and tell them about him but then it occurred to me that, I had never met him according to my friends. Even though I probably knew him better than anyone.

So instead I put a shocked look on my face and said. "Salvatore? Like Stefan?" Elena nodded I looked back at him. He caught my gaze and gave a short wave to me. I pretended not to see it even though all I wanted to do is go run to the car, hop in and hug him tightly.

Caroline got out of the car and started back to us. I noticed that she had a scarf tied tightly around her neck and I groaned again. Of course that she had a scarf. Damon was using her as food. As she passed by us she said to Elena. "I got the other brother. Hope you don't mind" She sing-songed as she walked to the group of girls. "Sorry I was late girls I was- uh.. busy." She then started to shout out orders to all of us and we all started to moved back into our group. But before that, me and Elena both looked over our shoulders to glance at Damon again.

Once he caught Elena's eyes he raised his eyebrows flirtatiously and winked. Then looked at me and stared me in the eyes before waving again and driving away. Elena turned to me and gave me a confused glance. My glance was still locked on the direction that Damon had driven away in. I then turned around and watched Caroline give orders, ignoring Elena's stare the whole time.

What had happened to the Damon who I knew and loved? The one who would never even dream about hurting a woman. Now he was manipulating Caroline and flirting with his brother's girlfriend. I was furious at him. He was not the same person I knew but he was still my brother. Perhaps that's all he needs, is his sister back. I prayed that it was that and then continued with practice.

**hey people. I tried really hard to make this one longer and hopefully it is. I love you all and I am very excited to say that I am up the the second page of the what's hot in fan fiction pages!!! Oh my god I love you guys so much and lets try and get it up even more! Keep telling your friends and anyone. Plus I'm not sure but I might stop with my other story MysticalBeginningsbecause no one is reading it. I'm asking you guys as a favor to please read it and tell me if I should continue with it. I have so much in my head for that story and I really want to keep writing but I don't want to put it up if no one will read it. Please do that for me and thank you!!! <3