Chapter 25

As I awoke, I could feel it was afternoon. I wanted to leave. To leave and to never come back. But, I still wanted to see the town. Plus I had to get more blood. Maybe I could find someone tasty. I hadn't actually killed someone in a long time. The guilt switch was still in my mind. I had relived my entire life last night and now I still felt it's impacts. Oh well, blood from a bag was okay warm. The trick is to heat it up.

        It would be best to go in the day, I thought. I was a new comer and I didn't know how many people still remembered. I got dressed, sliding into my tight, shredded, white jeans. I pawned through my drawers to find a slim fitting neon green t-shirt, throwing on my warn in leather jacket. Kicking on my Vans sneakers, I walked out the door. Once I got outside, I had a thought that maybe it would be better if I drove up not just walked into town.

        I unhitched my camper from the truck and got inside. The seats were warm from the sun but it didn't bother me the slightest. I turned the key as the truck came to life. I threw on a pair of designer sunglasses as I started to drive. As I weaved through the trees, I thought about my brothers. I really wanted to see them. To make sure that they are okay. To make them remember.

        No. I am not going to think about that. The more I do, the more I start to think that it will never happen. My eyes started to fill with tears again. Damn it, and I had just put make up on.I held the tears back as I pulled onto a road towards town.

        After 10 minutes of driving, I saw a sign "Welcome to Mystic Falls" Pulling into the first parking lot I saw, I climbed out of the car. "Now what to do?" I asked myself. I sighed and walked towards Anna's mother's old apothecary. The town was so much different. I mean old buildings are gone, new buildings are up, technology had taken over with electric signs and everything.

        When I walked up to where the apothecary was, only to find there was another thing that had changed. It had closed. I wasn't sure what was keeping me here anymore, getting the same heartbreaking feeling that I had when I saw my house. I decided it was best if I left, for good. I decided to grab something to eat before I left. I stopped by this small restaurant name Mystic Grill. I got a seat inside and ordered a soda. As I waited, people started to come in. Teenagers. Oh joy! So many of them. Hanging out at tables, going to play pool. God dammit. Can I not get some peace? Just as I was about to walk out without any food, I looked across the room to see someone I never thought I would again.

        Stefan.

        How can he be here again? This is the closest that I had been to him, he was a few tables away. I knew I should have went over and talked to him but I couldn't. He was with the other teenagers. A few girls and guys. There was an empty chair next to him. I wonder who sat there? Should I go and sit down?

        No, I couldn't.I would leave and follow him. See where he is staying. I picked my bag up, threw a 5 on the table, all I got was a drink, and walked out the door. Waiting in the shadows till he would be alone.