Chapter 35

"Why did that happen?" Elena asked me after we got inside. 

"I don't know. I only heard bits of it but from what I heard it did not sound good." 

She sighed. "Nope. It was anything but."  

"You wanna talk 'bout it?" 

Elena looked around. "No, not now. Maybe later, alone." She rolled her eyes and shot a look over at Caroline. I nodded and sat down at the table. We sat for a while just talking, playing pool, and hanging out. I felt pretty normal probably the most normal I have in a long time. I noticed that the girl that got carried out of the woods bleeding and was attacked was there. I shuddered when I thought about what that girl's memories would be like. But she seemed normal. Talking to what seemed like her boyfriend. But then went to another guy. She gave off the vibe that she's been around a few times. There was a guy who kept looking at her. He had long cropped, black hair. His face was gorgeous. He looked tasty.

No I wouldn't think about now. Normal time. I went back to talking to my friends. That was until I heard a soft, cut off scream in the girls bathrooms.  Damon. He was here and he came back for Vicky.  Elena saw that I looked tense. "Emma what's wrong?" 

I shook my head. "Uh nothing. It's nothing I just kinda space sometimes." I gave her a weak smile. She shrugged it off. 

"So Emma, you said you traveled all over the country. Where did you go?" Caroline asked me randomly. 

Suddenly all eyes were on me. My nature was to stay hidden and out of the spotlight but it was kinda nice for a change. "Oh all over. I've been to New York, LA, everywhere you name it." 

"Wow. That's really fascinating." The boy who was next to me said, the one who I assumed to be Vicky's boyfriend. I think his name was Tyler. 

"Yeah I had fun." 

"I bet you did." Tyler gave me a seductive look. Was this not the guy who I thought was going out with Vicky? Ah hell Vicky. What was I going to do. 

After talking some more with my group, the tasty looking boy came up to talk to us.  "Hey has anyone seen Vicky?" He asked 

"You're the stalker, you tell us." Tyler said rudely. Well, he seemed completely rude and ignorant. 

"I can't find her." 

"She probably found someone else. Sorry pill pusher, I guess you've been replaced." Tyler retorted right back.  Whoa pill pusher? So he was a druggie? Damn.  

"What's with the pill pusher?" Elena asked Tyler. 

"Ask him." 

"You wanna do this right now?" The boy asked. 

"Are you dealing?" Elena asked him. 

"She's never gonna go for you." Tyler interrupted her question. 

They guy gave Tyler a hard look. "She already did. Over and over and over again."  

Wow this was full fledge teenage drama. Drugs, sex, fights. So fascinating.  All I could do was sit there and watch. It was better than tv.

"Yeah right." Tyler muttered. 

"You slept with Vicky Donovan? I mean, Vicky Donovan slept with you?" Caroline asked.  

"There's no way." Tyler said. 

"And I didn't even have to force her into it." His words were directed straight at Tyler. 

"What the hell's he talking about Ty?" Matt was her brother so learning this about his friend obviously upset him. 

"Nothin man. Just ignore him he's a punk."