Chapter 10

For the next week, I had to pretend to be in the dark. If it were not for father filling me in on everything, it would have driven me mad. Finally, the night of action came and everything was set in place. I knew that before they started finding the vampires, father should know about Katherine. 

        I ran downstairs that afternoon to my father's study. ''And then you put this piece over the head and lock-'' I cut Jonathan Gilbert off from explaining his inventions with my intrusion. By the looks of it, it seemed like a sort of muzzle to enable the beast from biting.  

        ''Emma, I am busy right now. Can you come ba-'' 

        ''Father, this is very very important.'' I interrupted him, my tone hard and confident. 

        He caught my eyes and I starred right back at him further intensifying my words. ''Of course, daughter. Excuse me men, I will be back.'' He walked out of the office and followed me outside. ''Emma I thought I had told you to stay in the house and hidden. It is safe there, no vampires may come in unless they have been invited.'' 

        I sighed. ''Thats just it father, one has been invited in.'' 

        His eyes grew wide. ''Who!'' He practicality yelled. 

        I shushed him. ''Do you want her to hear you?'' I spoke in a hushed tone. 

        ''Yes your right, but who?'' His voice was just above a whisper. 

        ''Katherine, she is a vampire.'' 

        He was surprised but not as surprised as I thought he had been. ''I see, I had my suspicions but now this conforms it.'' He turned from me, starting to pace.

        "There's more. She has been feeding off of Stefan and Damon." I winced as I spoke the words outloud. "I saw it. I have seen both of them being fed off of by her." 

        Father turned around to me with anger in his eyes. "No! How could they let her! Damon has always been a disgrace but not Stefan!" 

        "Father you mustn't blame them for this, they are victims of her mind control. She must be stopped! I cannot bare to watch her hurt my family anymore." 

        Now father gave me a confused look. "Emma, why did you not tell me sooner? We could have had her staked a long time ago and prevented this." 

        "Because father, she tried to compel me. I had the necklace on, so it did not work. But I also knew that if I told you, Damon and Stefan would never forgive me. They think they love her. I did not want to lose my brothers. That's why I'm telling you now. So it can seem that I did forget and that you found out on your own. We must do something about her tonight. She obviously knows everything because they would have told her. She will be hiding tonight but tonight is the only night that we can get rid of her! Father, what can we do? Our house isn't safe and I am scared." I was on the verge of hyperventilating because of the thought of losing my brothers for good. 

"Emma, calm down. I have a plan."