Chapter 28

Bonnie and I talked for a while. She seemed very nice. It felt like I was talking to a mini Emily. I just felt so comfortable around her.

She was in the middle of telling me a very funny story when I heard a scream too far away for human ears. I quickly turned my head towards the noise. ''What's wrong?'' Bonnie asked.

I shook my head. ''Um, nothing. Nothing.'' It wasn't nothing though. This wasn't like an ordinary scream; this was a short shriek, cut off. A scream that I knew very well.

Someone just had a meal.

I went back to talking to Bonnie. It was none of my business. Maybe Stefan had gotten to Caroline. Who knows, I'm not one to judge. A short while later, we heard a boy and a girl yelling for help, carrying a girl who was bleeding. I couldn't see the people who were screaming's faces but I knew they had to be frantic.

''Oh my god. Is that Vicky Donavon?'' Everyone was frantic about this poor girl. She was alive. Why would they do that? I hope they at least erased her memories.

As people ran over to her and called for help. I caught sight of Stefan. He was starring in shock at the girl and backing away and running away. Something told me from his expression that he hadn't attacked this girl. If he didn't then who did? I left the party to follow him quietly.

He had gone back to the old boarding house. It must be where he was staying. I listened in as he burst through the doors.

''What's going on?'' I heard a man say.

''Someone else was attacked tonight, Zach and it wasn't me.'' I heard his frantic footsteps running upstairs and to the top floor. I then heard the call of a crow.

Crow? Oh my. Damon. I knew from the times that I had seen Damon in the past, that he had the power to control a crow and fog. Damon was here.

This is good. I thought to myself. I could get my brothers back. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I listed to Stefan say ''Damon.'' And Damon's reply ''Hello brother.'' I listened to their conversation. Them talking about the crow, how they looked. All seemed fairly normal except that Stefan had a edge to everything he said.

''Why are you here?'' Stefan asked angrily.

''I missed my little brother.'' Damon replied. Okay that was bull. I knew Damon better than that.

''You hate small towns. There's nothing to do.''

Damon chuckled. ''I've managed to keep myself busy.''

''You know you left that girl alive tonight. Very clumsy of you.'' Stefan stated

Damon groaned. ''Well that could be a problem....for you.''

There was a short pause before Stefan asked again. ''Why are you here now?''

''I could ask you the same question.'' I could hear the amusement in Damons tone, his words being followed by a chuckle.

This was none of my business. But I missed my brothers so much. I just wanted to be with them. I realized that I had left Caroline without telling her I left. Or Bonnie. I started to make my way back towards the party when I heard a predatory like growl followed by the sound of shattering glass. I ran back to the house to see Stefan standing up surrounded by glass.

''I was impressed.'' I heard Damon calling from a few feet away. Stefan must have tried to push him out the window but Damon got away. ''I give it a 6, miss and style but I was pleasantly surprised.''

Stefan stood up and walked over to him while Damon was still making fun of him over that. Stefan didn't seem to find it amusing. I sort of did.''Yeah, it's all fun and games Damon. But where ever you go people die.'' Stefan started to circle Damon.

Damon shrugged. ''That's a given.''

''Not here. I won't allow it.''

''I take that as an invitation.'' Why can they not just get along? They used to be inseparable but now they seemed as if they hated each other. Oh only if they remembered me. I would shove their heads so far up their asses that they would be sorry for everything that they had done to each other.

''Damon please. After all these years can't we just give it a rest.'' Stefan pleaded. He always was the smart one.

''I promised you an eternity of misery. I'm just keeping my promise.'' Damon shrugged, as if Stefans plea for peace was simply ridiculous.

''Just stay away from Elena.''

Elena? He liked Caroline's friend Elena? Who would have guessed.

Damon changed the subject. ''Where's your ring?'' Stefan glanced down at his finger to see that there was no ring on his finger. the ring that Emily had made to protect us from the sun. Damon laughed and put his hand out to show that he had it. Stefan took in cautiously and put it on. The second Stefan had it on, Damon barred his fangs, grabbed Stefan by the throat and threw him into the house. He ran over to where Stefan was and leaned over him. ''You should know better than to think that your stronger than me. You lost that fight when you stopped feeding on people. I wouldn't try it again.''

Stefan was still on the ground when Damon went. ''I think we woke Zach up. Sorry Zach.'' He called and walked up to the house whistling. Obviously these boys need me. I think I would be staying in Mystic Falls a little longer than I planned originally.