Epilogue

Mia's P.O.V.

~Three Years Later~

"C'mon Luca! We're gonna be late!" I said, hurriedly gluing pictures to the scrapbook cover.
"I'm trying!" He cried, spreading glue across another picture.
I slapped another picture onto the page and then began writing the date and description with shaking hands. I took a glance at the clock and swore under my breath.
"Luca, we have to go. We can finish it in the car." I huffed, shoving the supplies in my bag. He nodded and grabbed the car keys off the shelf and we sprinted to the car. I spread the supplies out of my bag and began gluing again while Luca carefully avoided traffic. That's when I noticed the glue bottle.
"I brought the superglue instead of the other glue!" I cried and smacked my forehead.
"Just use it, it's fine!" Luca replied, eyes on the road.
I sighed and spread a line of glue across a picture. Glue was glue, right?

It had been two years since Luca and I first moved to San Francisco. Sure, it was still in California but things were different here. Luca and I had bought an apartment and now we were going to a university. Luca was staring on the football team and I, however, was not the star in anything. But needless to say my grades were better than his *cough cough*, even though we were both exceptionally smart students.
I loved life here. I loved the business and the hustle of the city life. I loved how everything flowed so easily even though in reality everything was hectic. I loved how at night, you could see the whole city because the light lit the whole thing up. I loved living in an apartment up high with someone that I loved so much and how he supported me with everything I did. I loved how he surprised me with 25 cent rings and cute stuffed animals from the arcade. I loved how he made me smile even when I was down. But most of all, I loved him.

I came to a picture where Luca and I were holding hands, the handcuffs binding us together. I stared at the picture for  moment and remembered the cold feeling of the metal against my wrist. I glanced at Luca and remembered how they bound us together and how much that meant to me know. Everything that I have came from a pair of handcuffs.
"Are you finished?" Luca asked, pulling into the parking lot.
"No!" I gasped. "I'm already late!"
He shook his head and grinned at me and took the glue from my hands. We pasted the last pictures and embellishments on the pages and then we jumped out of the car, laughing. We were almost always late, but honestly, no one cared.

"C'mon Babydoll. Time for your presentation." Luca said and took my hand.
"Ok." I murmured, nervous.
We made our way to the classroom and when we pushed open the door, everyone turned in their seats and stared at us.
"Nice of you two to join us." The professor said. "I believe it is time for Miss Nichols to present her project."
We were both silent and I could tell that Luca was suppressing a snicker. I kissed his cheek and he murmured in my ear. "You'll do great."
When he stated to walk away, my hand hurt and I cried out. Luca did too, but not as loud. We stared down at our hands and Luca tried to move his fingers, but our hands were stuck.
"The superglue." Luca and I murmured together.
"Is everything alright?" The professor impatiently wondered.
"Um...yes...we seem to have a situation." I muttered.
"Why does this always happen?" Luca whined and tried to move his fingers.
"Guess we're stuck together....again.' I grinned.
"Guess so." Luca smiled back.

The End.

**********************************************************************************************************************

There you have it guys. Handcuffed. Completely. Finished. Done. Kaput. I just want to thank everyone who has stuck by me and for reading this story because it took a lot of planning and time. I love you all and I hope that you vote, comment, add to your reading list, or just read Handcuffed. Much love. x.

-Larissa