Part Twenty

Chapter Twenty

            He drove us to a park, and I wondered what could possibly be going through his mind right now. I couldn’t imagine. He took my hand and slowly leaned in.

            “Do you trust me?” He breathed, so close his warm breath fanned over me.

            “Y…Yes.” I murmured, squeezing his hand.

He grinned mischievously and he pulled me out of the car and we started running.

            We ran for a little while and finally stopped on top of a hill. It was mostly concealed by willow trees with white blossoms. Luca and I sat at the base of the tree, the wide roots spiraling all around us.

            “Look.” Luca said, pointing into the air.

I looked up and gasped. The willow trees thinned out and I could see the whole sky. The moon shined down on us and the stars glimmered. I looked at Luca in amazement.

            “How did you know about this place?” I asked breathlessly.

            “I used to come here a lot…after my parents died. It made me feel closer to them.” He smiled. “My aunt used to tell me that when people die, they turned into stars. I used to look at them and try to decide which ones were my parents.”

I looked at him, the moonlight shining down on his dark hair, casting shadows on his perfect skin. His eyes flickered as if there were actual stars in them. He was…beautiful.

            “I used to look at the stars every night with my dad. We used to stay up late in the summer time and stare up at the stars and try to count them all. When he left, I stopped looking and counting.” I looked down at my hands.

When I looked back up Luca was staring at me. I smiled and he asked,

            “What’s your deepest, darkest secret?”

            “I’d tell you, but I’d have to kill you.” I smirked.

After a few moments silence, I laid back in his arms and laid my head on his chest. I heard his heartbeat. A steady rhythm that had a calming effect.

            “What’s your deepest darkest secret?”

            “I’d tell you but I’d have to kill you.” He said mimicking me.

I met his eyes and stared at them for a moment. They slowly changed from a dark blue to the most beautiful azure in the world.

            “I…I think I might kiss you.” I said, not regretting that I said it.

            “I think I might like that.” He replied, gazing down at me.

He leaned down and stopped, his lips barely brushing mine.

            “I might mess it up. It wont be perfect.” I said quietly.

            “Babydoll, you’re all the perfect I need.” He whispered against my lips.

After a few moments, it felt like the world stopped. Everything came crashing down on me. I…I loved this boy. I needed him, I wanted him.

Then his lips slowly met mine.

My heart stopped beating and I felt myself go into complete and utter euphoria. He pressed his lips to mine, gently at first but the fire kept building. Warmth radiated off of our skin and I gently placed my arms around his neck and leaned into him, letting him close the space between us even more and wrap his arms around my waist. I folded into him perfectly and he slowly broke off our kiss. I looked down and blushed. He placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up. I met his eyes once more and he smiled.

            We sat under the willow tree and watched the stars, not saying a word. I slowly felt my eyes droop and I heard someone chuckle. I closed my eyes and felt Luca’s cool fingers brush the hair off of my face and his lips gently touch my forehead. I fell into a blissful sleep, trusting that Luca would be there when I woke up.

*****************************************************************

So....do ya guys like it? I DO! ;D