Part Ten

Part 10

            “What the hell?” I shrieked.

            “It’s necessary for you two to solve your problems and since I cant help you maybe these will.” Counselor said quickly.

            “You cant do this! Y…you…you cant!” I shrieked, trying to find the magic button that always releases the handcuffs “where’s the button?” I screamed. Panic rose in my throat and I started to freak out. There was going to be hell to pay.

            “I am the school counselor, I am here to help you two get along and solve your problems. I am entitled to do anything.” He said pointed at himself.

            “Uncuff me.” I growled.

            “No, I cant, I seemed to have locked the key away…” Counselor said, locking the key into a small box in his cabinet.

That was it. I lunged toward the counselor, aiming to or karate chop him to Switzerland. I was about to reach him when a pair of strong arms curled around me and pulled me back, and my arm almost felt like it got tore out of its socket. I kicked and tried to bite at my captor….which was Luca.

            Luca had been silent this whole time, which was strange because he usually had to have his big mouth have a say in everything. Dumbass.

            “Let, me go.” I snarled.

            “Goodbye Counselor, thanks for the new jewelry.” Luca raised his hand in a wave and the Counselor, who was over by his chair cowering and covering his face.

           “Luca! Dammit! Let me get the effing key!” I screeched, reaching for something to grab onto so that I could stop him.

            “No, you need to calm down.” He said, carrying me out of the room and shutting the door behind him.

            “Calm down?” I hissed. “Calm down? You expect me to calm down when I am stuck to the most irritating person on this planet! No I will NOT calm down!” I yelled.

            I tried to reach around him and he pushed me back, which made him fall forwards too. When we both regained our balance I lifted up my hand and his followed. I squeaked, and I did it again.

            “There goes my basketball tryouts…and PRIVACY!” I screamed loud enough so the counselor could here me.

            “Basketball tryouts?” Luca asked.

I glared at him and he shut up. I tried to pace back and forth, but when I pulled away I fell back on my butt, pulling Luca slightly down with me. He helped me up and I growled.

            “C’mon babydoll…”

            “Call me that one more time and I will bite your head off.” I hissed

            “Fine. Mia, let’s go talk to the principal and maybe he will separate me from you.” Luca muttered.

            “What’s wrong with being stuck to me? I’m not the problem, you are.”

            “Oh really? No. I’m stuck to the most annoying, self centered girl here.” Luca said.

            “I am not annoying and self centered.” I snapped.

            “Oh really? All you were worried about was avoiding me which was to preserve your image. You didn’t even give me  a chance!” Luca said.

            “Because you had a girlfriend and when you met me you broke up with her! How am I supposed to know that if another new girl comes to this school that you wont leave me in the dust?” I yelled.

            Luca was silent for a moment. He turned away from me and rubbed his forehead with his free hand.

            “Exactly.” I said and his head whipped around.

            “I broke up with Sarah  when I met you because you seemed different Mia. You said what you wanted to me and no one has done that before. Ever. I know I am classified as a player but you know what? People change.” Luca looked at me, his usually dark eyes were lighter today.

            I turned away and started walking, Luca silently following me. Shane waited again at the front entrance, waiting for me.

            “Hey Mia! Ready for…” he trailed off when he saw the shiny new bracelet on my hand.

            “Shane I am so sorry.” I said, grimacing.

            “It’s ok, what happened in there? I heard you yelling…” Shane asked.

I felt Luca step closer to me. I ignored it and lifted up our hands and Shane stared at the shiny handcuffs.

            “Wow, um….”

            “It’s ok, we cant get them off either.” I said.

Shane stared for a while longer, but then he snapped out of it.

            “Um, If you need a ride…”

            “I’ll take care of it.” Luca interrupted.

He brushed past Shane, pulling me with him. I shot Shane an I’m-sorry-I’m-stuck-to-an-idiot look. He smiled half-heartedly and I felt guilty.

            “What’s you problem?” I asked, stumbling behind him in the parking lot.

            “He was flirting with you.” Luca said, his face hard as stone.

            “ So? Why do you care?”

            “I don’t.” Luca replied.

I exhaled and rubbed my eyes. I had noticed how close Luca and I were standing. I stepped back and he opened the car door. I climbed in and he came after, starting up the car. I looked out the window as we drove away, seeing Shane walking to his car alone. My heart ached, not for Shane like that, but he looked so sad. I wanted him to be happy. I shook the thought out of my head and watched the trees race by as Luca drove to a part of town that I didn’t know. The buildings were weather-beaten and gray, and there was barely any sun here, due to the factory smoke.

“C’mon, hurry. I just need a couple things and then we can go back to your place. I don’t want you staying here.” Luca murmured.

            “Where are we?” I asked.

            “Welcome to my house.” He said and he opened the door and we both jumped out.

The metal around my wrist became cold and fear was like a stone in my stomach.

There’s nothing to be afraid of Mia. I told myself.

Luca opened the door and we disappeared inside.

*****************************************************************

OMG YOU GUYS! I have 139 reads! Thank you so much I love you guys! I hope you guys are enjoying the story since things just got more interesting. Please comment any questions or suggestions and please share if you want or follow meh, I always follow back! Mwahahaha thanks again for reading! :D