Part Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

~8 months later~

Luca’s P.O.V.

            “Mia. Hurry! Get up it’s the last day of school!” I said, gently shaking her awake.

She groaned and rolled over in her sleep. She was so adorable.

            “Mia.” I said again.

She turned around and hit me in the head with her pillow. Yep, so adorable. I sighed and silently apologized. I pulled the side of the blanket and she went twirling off the bed.

            “Luca! What the fuck!” She shrieked.

            “It’s the last day of school and I really don’t want to be late.” I smirked.

She flipped me off and stood up, and went to her closet. I automatically followed her. It was pretty amazing how the handcuffs had played into our everyday lives. She glared at me and I turned around so that she could change. She was such a nice person in the morning. She turned around so that I could change but I still felt her eyes on me as I took off my shirt. I had hidden my feelings from her for a long time now, but they still haven’t gone away. I wanted to tell her but with Shane still around I cant really say anything. Yes, Shane is her boyfriend. And yes, I accompanied them on every date. And yes again, I saw their first kiss and it almost killed me. I quickly changed and followed her into the bathroom so she could do her hair and other things. I watched her delicate fingers put her hair up into a ponytail and then pull out her makeup bag.

            “You know, you don’t need to put all of that on. You look better without it.” I muttered but then snapped my mouth shut.

            “Um, thanks.” She smiled and blushed a little bit. “I think Shane likes it though.”

She pulled out her mascara and started applying it with a flawless touch. Whenever she said Shane’s name I wanted to punch something.

            When she was finished we went downstairs and her mom handed us each a bagel with cream cheese and set out a huge bowl of chopped up fruit. We ate in silence, none of us fully awake. Well, I was getting there. With Mia sitting next to me, I felt like every nerve in my body was tell me to get closer. I fought the thoughts out of my mind and continued to chew slowly.

Mia’s P.O.V.

            When he said that in the bathroom, I felt…weird.  I didn’t know what happened. I shook it off and continued putting on my makeup. I couldn’t wait to see Shane. He always made my day brighter.

            Luca drove us to school, and as soon as I got there, Shane was there opening my door and greeting me with a kiss on the lips.

            “Good morning beautiful.” He smiled.

I smiled back. “Morning.”

He took my hand in his and ignored Luca who was glaring at him. It wasn’t a secret that they hated each other.

            “Ready for our date tonight?” Shane winked at me.

            “Yes. Totally.” I smiled.

It was our seven month anniversary. I wondered what he had planned. Luca had to come too, since ya know, the handcuffs.

            “Where are we going?” I asked Shane.