Part Twenty Two

Chapter 22

            Mia’s P.O.V.

Before I woke, I felt him around me. I was wrapped in warmth and the smell of Luca. I laid there, enjoying waking up this way when the memories of last night floated back into my mind. The stars…..the kiss… My eyes shot open. Luca was softly snoring, his hair tousled with sleep. I gazed at him for another moment, but looked away. He sighed slightly and his bright blue orbs sluggishly opened. The immediately found mine and a lazy smile spread across his face. I smiled back, but I moved back out of his arms a little. An unreadable look spread across his face, and it hurt for me to look at him. The house was silent, except for the sound of cars passing by and the occasionally puff of wind through my curtains. I stared into his eyes and waited for him to say something. After awhile, he broke the silence.

            “Mia I…I’m so sorry for last night. I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

I felt a bit hurt. “You…you didn’t want to kiss me?” I asked softly and looked away from him.

He tilted my chin up, his eyes burned into mine and I couldn’t help but notice the butterflies that erupted in my stomach when he touched me.

            “Mia. I don’t regret kissing you. It was the first kiss that I had ever really wanted.” He murmured.

I stayed silent.

            “Mia…” He started, but stopped, as if he didn’t know what to say.

I pulled away from his grasp and jumped off my bed. I turned over so that I was facing the other way. I couldn’t deal with this right now. After Shane, I didn’t think I could ever trust a guy again. Tears formed when I thought about it. The ache was gone, but a scar still remained. I had loved Shane, and he let me down. And it had only been a matter of days. Not even a week yet. I ran a hand through my hair, fingers getting caught in the tangles. I grabbed a hairbrush, not being able to stand it. I sat up started to drag the hairbrush through the tangles, but struggled.

            “Here.” Luca breathed, taking the hairbrush gently away from me.

I let him softly pull through the tangles in my long hair, enjoying the feeling of having someone brush my hair. When he was finished, he timidly ran a few fingers through it, making sure all of the tangles were gone.

            “Do you really…like me?” I finally asked.

            “Like you? No.” Luca replied.

My heart dropped and my mouth snapped open, stunned. As I floundered around trying to close it, he added,

            “Love you, yes.”

I stopped, shut my mouth, and turned to him. He was staring intently back a hand, still playing with my hair.

            “I….I cant be with you.” I said.

His face fell, and my chest hurt at the thought of not being able to be his.

           “W…why?” He finally stuttered.

           “I don’t know if I can ever…trust anyone again after…what happened.” I said softly, not wanting to utter the words.

He pulled me to him, and I felt tears form again.

          “Mia. I…I swear that I will never, ever hurt you. I wouldn’t even try.” He said into my hair, kissing the top of my head.

He held me. If he didn’t, I would’ve fallen apart. This was all just too much. I inhaled, clearing the tears out of my eyes. A sharp smell came to my nose. It wasn’t a cologne, it was…Luca. He smelled like grass, my perfume, and goodness. It was the only way to describe it.

            I let him hold me, and for the rest of the day, we sat in my bed, just listening to one another. We talked sometimes, but it was never really a conversation. I knew that this wasn’t anything like when Shane held me. This seemed… special. I closed my eyes and Luca played with my fingers, which were intertwined in his. I was curled into him, my head on his chest and sunlight streamed through my window. I heard my stomach growl a couple times, and Luca pulled me up off of the bed.

            “C’mon, I’ll feed you.” He murmured and led me downstairs.

I followed him around the kitchen, He gathered different stuff and spread it out on the counter. We opened up the windows and let the breeze inside, and I turned on the radio, playing my mix tape of all of my favorite songs. As I watched him prepare the food, I noticed how funny it was that now he knew everything about me. What made me laugh, what made me cry, my favorite songs, my favorite foods, favorite movies. He knew where I liked to shop and how I loved to play basketball. We played hoops sometimes together, I knew he always let me win. Shane didn’t do any of this for me. Ever. This was a whole different story. I looked at Luca’s disheveled hair, piercing blue eyes, and his adorable half smile. He was different. He caught me staring and grinned. I smiled back.

              “ It’s almost done,” He said, walking over to me.

Luca pulled the chair out for me, and then pushed it in. He served me a plate of french fries, which he knew were my favorites. I smiled and mumbled, “Thanks.”

     “No problem.” He smiled and reached up into the cupboard, pulling out a bottle of white wine. I looked at him quizzically, having never tried it before. He smiled a mischievous grin, and poured it in two glasses. He handed one to me and sipped his, watching my reaction. I tipped it back and coughed.

     “That is terrible!” I couched.

I looked at Luca who was spitting his out in the sink because he was laughing so hard.

     “Why the hell would you give that to me!” I shrieked, laughing with him.

     “I thought you would like it!” He snorted, setting his glass down.

He sat next to me, pulling a french fry off the plate.

     “Ok so white wine is off the list.” He smiled his half smile.

     “No shit.” I giggled.

After the food, we went back upstairs. I was exhausted, but we didn’t do anything all day. I laid in bed, and Luca laid on his couch. I glared at him, waiting for him to come keep me warm. He raised an eyebrow and sighed. He jumped off the couch and crawled in next to me. I snuggled in next to him, slowly drifting off. I finally did, Luca playing softly with my hair.

Luca’s P.O.V.

      I watched her as she slept, she looked peaceful. I smiled to myself, remembering her glare when I laid back on the couch. My hand drifted to the side of her mattress, when I felt something. I frowned, and pulled it out. I rolled it around in my hands, to find that it was a journal. I flipped it open, but then regretting it. I knew it was Mia’s but something told me to look in it. flipped through the pages, not reading any, because I knew that this was private. On the very last page, I found a list. It read places where Mia wanted to go.

Paris Rome Tokyo London Home

Home? Isn’t this her home, I wondered. I suddenly had an idea. I closed her journal, noting all the places she wanted to go. I looked at her once more before I fell asleep.

********************************************************************

Yup. This is more of a filler chapter and I am sorry to say that it's not my best work at all. But there's more to come, i promise. ;) thanks for reading!