Part Twelve

Part Twelve

            My arm hurt. I was sitting in a booth, across from Shane with my arm outstretched behind me, attached to Luca who was sitting behind me. I almost bust out laughing when I saw Stella get out of the passenger seat in Shane’s car. I knew that she hated Luca, but yet, she had still come. Shane must have promised something big. She seemed like the perfect actress by the way that she was smiling and acting like she liked him, when on the inside we all knew that she hated his guts with a passion.

            “So, how’s all of this?” Shane asked.

            “It’s terrible, I don’t even know how I’m supposed to put on a shirt!” I groaned and Shane chuckled a bit.

            “Well, wouldn’t you just take a shirt and pull it over your head, then take your guys’s stuck hands inside the shirt near the armhole you need to get it through and then push the other one’s hand out the hole?” Shane asked.

            “Oh my god! You’re a genius!” I cried and he grinned ear to ear.

We were silent for a moment and then I caught him staring at me. I tilted my head to the side and he blushed a little bit.

            “You look great tonight.” He smiled.

I went to respond but Luca turned in his seat and in a loud voice he said, “How’s your guys’s cokes?”

I glared at him and he looked at me innocently.
            “Um, good I guess…” Shane said.

            “Hey why don’t you pay attention to your date?” I hissed and Stella shot me an almost fatal glare. I gave her a look and she sighed. She said something and Luca turned back to her. She text me under the table.

U and Shane owe me BIG time. >Kitten<

Thanks so much. I hate this idiot. >Butterfly<

Stella had taken my phone and programmed nicknames in there at the same time she entered in her number and I didn’t know how to make them go away. So for now, I was butterfly and she was kitten.

Ik. Me 2. >Kitten<

I looked back at Shane.

            “Where were we?”

            “Well, I was trying to get to know you better.” He smiled.

            “Ok, ask away.”

~Many questions, jokes, and LOUD INTERRUPTIONS later~

            Our food came to the table, my salad and Shane’s burger and fries. Good thing because all of the rude interruptions that Luca made were starting to push me over the edge.  I ate daintily and Shane and I talked about meaningless things, about anything and everything.

            “Can you believe the employees at school?” I said.

            “I know. I don’t think the art teacher is mentally stable.”

            “Is she always like that?” I asked. My arm had gone numb and I was trying to keep a straight face.

            “Yes, at least all the time that I’ve had her.” Shane replied.

            “Oh yay.” I joked and we were silent for a moment.

Shane’s big, brown eyes were watching me with a sort of…..lustful look. Oh god.