Part Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

            “Mia!” A voice called. This time, it wasn’t Shane. It was Luca.

            “Mia, stop.” He said, stopping.

I fell to the ground, numb. I didn’t want to feel, or see, or think. Luca was at my side, pulling me to him. I felt his strong arms encircle me in warmth as I sobbed. My heart shattered into a million pieces, and then got run over by a garbage truck.

            “Shhh Mia, it’s ok. It’s ok.” Luca’s voice was at my ear, trying to calm me down. We were in the middle of the street and it was empty. Night fell and I was still crying. Shane had used me and played me and he…he hurt me. I stopped crying at some point and felt myself being lifted up. I let myself slip into unconsciousness.

I was in and out of darkness. I could hear but couldn’t see. I caught glimpses of conversation but I refused to open my eyes. I didn’t want to face reality of what had happened. I listened and heard two people talking faintly.

“He hurt her.”

“Luca it’s not going to solve anything by hurting him.”

“But he hurt her.”

I felt my soft comforter and my pillow. I was cold, and I felt…icky. Then there was the ache, the growing ache that had formed in my chest. I wanted it to stop. Just stop.

I slipped back into the darkness, hoping it would ease the pain.

It was still dark outside when I woke to someone pulling my hair back. I opened my swollen eyes to see Luca, with a grim expression on his face.

“L..L..Luca?” I stuttered.

He turned to me and he heard the pain in my voice and grimaced.

“Yes?”

“I..I’m sorry.” I said, tears forming.

He inhaled a breath and slid over to me. I felt him wrap his arms around me.

“For what babydoll?” He murmured into my hair.

I leaned into him and started to cry, feeling the ache in my chest grow.

“Shhh, don’t cry.” He said softly.

“It..It j..just hurts.” I sobbed.

“I know babydoll, I know.” He said, holding me tighter.

I don’t know how long, he held me on my bed while I sobbed my heart out. It hurt so much. I didn’t know what I did wrong or what I did to deserve this. I couldn’t believe how cliché I was being…just like all those girls in the movies where the main guy breaks up with the main girl and she bawls her eyes out for days and days. I didn’t want to be them, but it just hurt so bad.

            After I finished crying, Luca turned me to him and I looked up at him. He took his fingers and gently brushed the remaining tears away. I gave him a half hearted smile and he smiled back. I played with my hair for a second and I watched him in awe.

            “I know what will help you feel better.” He said, and pulled me with him downstairs.

            “What?” I sniffed as he pulled me along.

He winked and grabbed the big tub of chocolate ice cream, two spoons, and pulled out Pitch Perfect, my favorite movie.

            “No way!” I smiled and sniffled again.

            “Well, you slept through all yesterday, I had to ask your mom to buy something.” He said.

He smiled and led me to the couch and popped in the movie. I had slept through a whole day? Must explain why it’s still dark out. The clock read 8 at night. Nice. He handed me the ice cream and my spoon and I popped some in my mouth, savoring the sweetness. I smiled as the movie started and throughout the whole movie Luca and I laughed. I sang the songs and Luca sang them quietly with me. When the movie ended, the ice cream was gone and my head was in Luca’s lap.

I groaned, “I don’t feel so good.”

He laughed and looked down at me. “Do you feel better?”

“Kinda. Thanks.” I smiled and sat up.

I met Luca’s eyes and his met mine. They sparkled again and they were almost silver. Luca stared at me for a couple of seconds and my heart caught in my throat again. He slowly tilted his head sideways and I realized how bad I wanted to kiss him. I leaned my head the other way and he leaned in, closing the space between us. I looked at his lips and slowly closed my eyes.

Then there was a knock at the door.

Luca and I quickly pulled apart and I blushed.

“I should um…” I said

“Yeah you should uh…um..” He replied awkwardly.

I opened the door to see Jess and Stella. They smiled at me and showed me their bulging purses. I angled my head to see what was in them , but they gave me a glare and stepped inside.

“Guys? What’s in the bags?” I asked warily.

They grinned and pulled out toilet paper.

“Ready to T.P. a dick’s house?” Jess asked.

I smirked. “Always.”

They looked at Luca and he was looking back.

“Luca was helping me feel better too.” I shrugged.

“Wanna come Luca?” Jess asked. Stella coughed obnoxiously loud and I gave her a look of death and she shut up.

“Well, not trying to be mean or anything, but I am kinda stuck here.” He said raising his eyebrows and lifting the handcuffs. I nodded and the girls shook their heads.

“You are not going dressed in that.” They gestured to my outfit of yesterday’s clothes. I sighed and tugged on the handcuffs. Luca looked and followed me upstairs. We changed clothes and went back downstairs.

“Ready?” They asked. I looked at Luca and he nodded enthusiastically.

“Let’s go.” I smiled deviously and we went out into the night.

********************************************************************

HEY GUYS!!!! Do you want me to make a new story? I was thinking about it, but if you do, make sure you tell meh what u want me to write about ;). Dont be shy to tell me!!! Share, message me, follow me, vote, comment whatever tickles your fancy ;) hahaha thanks for reading!!!