Part Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Mia's P.O.V.

My nose was stuffed, my eyes were swollen, and my heart was heavy. I had been broken once again but this time was worse. The ache in my chest punched me, kicked me, and left me bleeding. I had cried for about 3 hours straight, the taxi driver probably wondered if I needed to go to the hospital or an asylum or something. I glanced at my ticket in my hands. I was going home, going home to Michigan.
"Flight 22 is now leaving." An announcer said over the speakers, her voice echoing off the walls.
Time to go. I followed people who were filing out of the building, but before I step foot outside, I paused and slowly turned around. I longed to see the boy with the blue orbs and messy brown hair standing before me, pulling me to him and telling me that he'd never let me go. I touched my metal bracelet that still took residence on my wrist. He wasn't there.
Wow Mia, what did you expect? A voice in my head snapped at me.
I let out a shaky breath and turned and walked out the door, leaving Rome behind. Leaving him behind.

Luca's P.O.V.
My Mia. My girl. My world. My everything.
                                                      Gone.
Gone in a heartbeat. I laid in bed, fighting off the urge to scream and punch something. My eyes were swollen and I couldn't breathe. I didn't know where she went, but her stuff was gone. I twisted the only remainder of her around my wrist and remembered how that about 7 hours ago, she was attached to the other end. I heard a knock at the door.
"Luca? Can I come in?" A voice asked through the door.
I didn't say anything. I was afraid if I opened my mouth, I would fall apart. 
Someone padded into my room and then flung open the blinds. I hissed and covered my face with a pillow. I felt someone's weight sink onto the bed and a hand run through my knotted hair. I turned to Francesca and she pulled a weak smile.
"Do you really miss her?" She murmured.
"More than anything." I rasped.
She sighed. "Then why the hell are you here, laying in bed, while she's out there?" 
For that, I had no answer.
"Get up, get dressed, get cleaned up, and meet me downstairs in half an hour." She said and left the room, shutting the door with a click behind her.
She was right. I pulled myself out of the bed and was out the door before anyone could say a word. 

Mia's P.O.V.

I climbed out of the car and entered the familiar white farmhouse. The smell of my grandparents, apple cinnamon, and home wafted around my nose. I heard a howl from Petey, my grandfather's beagle and the sound of footsteps. 
"Mia!" My grandmother smiled and hugged me, enveloping me in her grandmotherly smell.
"Hi grandma." I smiled and buried my face into her, hugging her tight. 
When she let go I was pulled into a bone crushing bear hug.
"Hi Mia. We missed you darlin." My grandfather cooed.
"Missed you too." I wheezed.
When they let go I said,
"Thanks for letting me stay. I'll be out of your hair in a couple of days."
"Stay as long as you like. Dinner should be ready in about 5 hours." My grandma smiled and I retired up to my room.
I collapsed on the bed, and tired leaked at once. I pulled myself up and refused to let myself fall apart again. I headed to the shower and cranked it up until it burned my skin.

After about an hour I stepped out, my skin a pale shade of pink, steam billowing out from behind me when I pulled the shower curtain back. I pulled on some sweats and an old t-shirt and fuzzy socks. I de-fogged the mirror and pulled my hair up into a bun and waltzed out of the bathroom, shutting the light off behind me. I turned around and paused. Then, I screamed.

I quickly smacked a hand over my mouth.
"What the hell are you two doing here?" I hissed.
"We came to visit." Stella smiled.
"We missed you." Jess grinned.
I grinned at them and jumped on my bed next to them, pulling them into a hug.
"Where's Luca?" Jess asked, looking for the person who was usually attached to me.
Tears filled my eyes and I glanced around.
"Mia...What's wrong?" Jess asked, and the tears fell.

"I can't believe it." Jess whispered, laying on my left side fiddling with a button on her shirt.
"I told you so." Stella whispered, running her fingers through my loose hair.
Jess reached over and smacked her on her head. I heard a muttered 'ow' and closed my eyes.
We laid in my bed in silence, thoughts racing through my mind. Where is he now? Is he with her? Is he looking for me? Does he miss me?
I finally let exhaustion take over and my eyes closed.

I woke up to a dark and empty room. I sat up and groaned. I tiptoed to my blinds and threw them open, wincing at the sunshine that shone through. The clock on my nightstand showed that it was 4:00 p.m. Holy shit, I slept through the whole night and morning and almost all of the afternoon! I quickly got up and decided on a loose fitting oversized sweater and a pair of my old ripped up blue jeans. I threw on my chucks and braided my hair back. Good enough. I looked at my suitcase and grabbed my laptop, ready to delete some pictures.

I made my way downstairs where voices were laughing on the front porch. I stepped outside and into the sunshine.
"Well hello there Sleeping Beauty." My grandpa laughed.
I smiled sheepishly. "Hi."
Stella and Jess were in the front pasture, attempting to pet some cows and arguing over names.
"This one's name is Edward Cullen!" Stella protested.
"No! It's Jeffie!" Jess whined.
I shook my head and walked towards the barn. Jameson, my grandma's white horse whinnied at me. I smiled and patted his nose.
"Hi boy. Can I ride you?" I murmured, slipping a lead rope onto his halter.
I saddled him up and galloped through the meadows behind the house, kicking up dust and wind dancing through my hair. I finally made my way to my old tree house and let Jameson graze on the new wildflowers and grass. I climbed up the ladder and looked around. It looked almost exactly the same as how I left it when I was six. I sat and leaned back against the aging wood and thought of how much my life had changed. I shook my head when that failed and booted up my laptop. I clicked on my gallery and scrolled through pictures. I slowly landed on one where Luca and I were smiling. No tears formed, but the aching grew. I gasped and clutched at my chest, dry sobs falling out of my mouth. I hiccupped and scrolled through the rest.
When I hit the end of the gallery I couldn't bring myself to delete any. I closed my laptop and heard something hit the window.
Probably an acorn Mia I told myself, paying the noise no attention.
Then another thing sailed through the window and rolled across the floor.
A squirrel throwing pebbles? I thought. I stood up and made my way to the window and leaned out of my sanctuary. My eyes scanned across the meadow, but not a thing to be seen except for Jameson who was chasing butterflies.
"Mia." A voice came from below.  That voice. The voice I knew so well. I looked down as a figure stepped out of the shade of the tree and into the sunlight. My heart faltered and then ultimately stopped beating.

Luca.

******************************************************************************************************************

Hai guys. How'd you like my chapter? :D I read your guys' comments and loved them. Also, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE READS YOU GUYS OMG! XD. Hope you guys like the chapter, it's all for you guys.