Part Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Mia’s P.O.V.

            I was blinded for most of the trip, me wondering where we were going and wondering where the hell the real Luca was. But I had to admit, I liked this Luca too.

            “Luca please!”

            “No! Where we are going is a surprise. I am not going to tell you!”

I huffed and sat back in the seat. I knew that he was never going to tell me. I felt along Luca’s stereo buttons and found the on button. The radio started playing a familiar beat and I squealed.

            “YOUR INSECURE! DON’T KNOW WHAT FOR!” I sang.

            “You’re turnin heads when you walk through the door-oh-or.” Luca sang after.

            “Don’t need make-up…”

            “To cover-up.”

            “Bein the way that you are is enough-oh-ough.”

We sang the rest of the song that way and I was ecstatic.

            “I didn’t know that you liked One Direction.” I said, feeling kinda stupid because I couldn’t see him.

            “I don’t really. But I know that song.” He added sheepishly.

I gasped. “I am going to have you a Directioner by the end of the week.” I said with a smile.

           “We’re here.” Luca replied and I felt excitement and curiosity rise in my stomach. I waited on Luca to open the door. I felt his hands creep to the blindfold and I braced myself for an abandoned warehouse or something but when the blindfold fell away, a garden appeared. It wasn’t a regular garden, it was filled with hydrangeas and rhododendron bushes and azalea. Daisies popped up everywhere and a pond surrounded by lilies sported a couple of ducks. Rose bushes were in full bloom and cute little poppies were sprouting in all places. It was absolutely gorgeous.

            “Luca I….I don’t know what to say!” I squeaked.

            “Then don’t.” He held out his hand and I hesitated but took it. He led me through many mazes of dramatic flower arrangements and the pond was crystal clear. It couldn’t have gotten any better. I kinda felt like a princess. I couldn’t believe this was what he planned for us today…it was so not Luca. Maybe I had misjudged him.

            We ate lunch there and I felt exhilarated by everything. It was so beautiful and just what I needed. When we returned home, I had no missed calls or messages. I tried to call my mom and she didn’t answer…again.

            “What’s wrong?” Luca asked.

            “It’s nothing. I’m fine, everything’s ok.” I said quickly.

Luca looked into my eyes, his eyes now turning a darker shade of sapphire. My heart caught in my throat and my heart stopped. He tipped his head to the side ever so slightly and leaned in little by little. I tipped my head the other way, waiting for the moment when his lips met mine. We both jumped as the phone began ringing and I tore myself away from him to answer it.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey sweetie, how are things?”

            “Mom! Oh my god I was so worried. And everything is fine here.”

            “Everything is fine! And guess what?”

            “What?”

            “I won both cases, they decided to do them both earlier and I’m coming home now, I’m about to board the plane.”

            “That’s great mom! I’ll see you soon then.”

            “Yep. Bye Mia.”

            “Bye Mom.”

I hung up and saw Luca. How was I going to explain this one?

            “My mom is coming home early.” I said, sitting on the couch.

            “That’s great!” He said and then looked at the handcuffs. “Oh shit.”

I laid my face in my hands and wondered how I was going to explain to her what had been going on.     

I woke up to a knock on the door. I jumped up with a start and I looked at Luca who was about as pale as snow. I bit my lip and opened the door.

            “Mia!” My mom said hugging me. When I didn’t hug her all the way, she let go of me and looked at my hands. Her eyes traveled up my arm and then to Luca. Her face hardened and she looked back at me.

            “There better be a good explanation Amelia Nichols.” She said stiffly.

********************************************************************

Hey! I wont be able to post much this week, because of school and stuff so I am making up for it now. This chapter adn the next chapter are mostly filler chapters so bear with me. I needed them to get to the good stuff. Mwahahaha. I hope you guys are enjoying this sotry, please message me any questions/suggestions, share, vote, or follow me! :D thanks you guys!