Part Twenty One

Chapter 21

Luca’s P.O.V.

            What have I done? Her boyfriend just broke her heart and I’m sleazing around and kissing her! I exhaled softly, so that I didn’t wake her up, and pinched the bridge of my nose. What if she regretted the kiss? What if tomorrow, she acts like it never happened? What if her and Shane get back together? Bad thoughts ran through my head like a melancholy tune. I looked up at the stars. They seemed so free, up in the sky. I looked back down to the girl sleeping against me. My heart sped just at the sight and thought of her. I brushed the stray hair off of her face and she moaned a little in her sleep. She had been doing that lately. I looked away and tried to sort out my thoughts. I knew that I loved her, from the moment we got handcuffed together. I looked at the handcuffs, which were still intact, intertwining our hands and our fates. I also knew that I didn’t regret the kiss, it was more than anything that I ever wanted. I felt a warm summer breeze pick up and ruffle through my messy hair. I ran a hand through it and Mia shivered. I knew it was time to get her home. I picked her up, and softly stepped through the grass to the car. I couldn’t help but notice that she fit there perfectly. I placed her into the car and I drove through the empty streets until we reached her house. Her mom was away again, the porch light wasn’t on. I half smiled as I parked the car, and gaze at Mia. She was still sleeping, her delicate pink lips parted slightly. I remembered the feel of them on mine, like magic.

            I carried her inside, locking the lock and treading up the stairs. I placed her on her bed and single handedly tucked her in, making sure she was warm. Mia always left her window opened, no matter how hot or cold it was. A breeze picked up and flowed through the room.  I laid back on my couch, slowly closing my eyes. After a few moments, a barely inaudible murmur drifted through the silent room.

            “Luca.” Mia whispered.

My eyes shot open and I turned to her.

            “Luca. I’m cold.” She shivered.

My heart caught in my throat and I exhaled softly. I pulled back the blankets and crawled into them next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and she turned so that her head faced my chest. She burrowed her face into me and I watched her in awe.

            “Thank you.” She sighed, more than half asleep.

            “Your welcome Babydoll.” I whispered and hesitantly pressing my lips to her forehead and slowly closing my eyes to the sound of her rhythmic breathing.

*********************************************************************

Im sorry that I havent been updating! I havent been feeling the best...well actually now i feel like death but oh well. Also i had otns of tests that I had to study for but still probably failed. *huff*. Anyways hope you guys are liking the story and if you have any ideas/quesions/comments dont be afraid to tell me ;) thanks for reading :PPPPPPP