Chapter 22

** Oli's P.O.V.**

I was seating in my usual place when I notice Kathy coming back to the cafeteria alone. I remembered seeing her dragging Zahara out with her. What happened? Did they fight? Thinking about Zahara it has been a while that she has been acting strange. Well, I knew what was triggering her. The answer was in her clothing. It was Luke, once again. Why was Luke causing so much trouble? Could it be because of me? That sounds so stupid. Why would Zahara go against Luke because of me? I'm not friends with her, we barely said words to each other during all these years. However I still had the urge to go find her and see what's happening. All I knew was that it involved her, Kathy and Luke somehow and that was enough.

I stood up and left the place. Now where could she be? It would be a hell lot easier if I actually knew her. Think about it, I never talked to her pretty much and now I'm searching for her. How things can change so easily...

I continued to walk down the corridors looking everywhere. Well, they most likely had a fight. I don't think she'd like to be where everybody is right now. I knew a place that was always empty or there were barely people there. It was a perfect spot to just let go of the emotions and not be afraid that somebody will see you. I fastened my pace as I had changed my direction.

I was now standing outside and I continued to walk until I was finally arrived to Tennis court. As I thought there I had spotted a pair of combat boots with black tights. I raised my vision a bit and there stood Zahara against the edge of the stairs that led to the Tennis court, where I was now, smoking a cigarette. She didn't notice me standing there staring at her. I started walking up the metal stairs. The stairs started to vibrate and make noise and it had finally caught her attention. When she turned her head I was already halfway up the stairs. There was a flash of surprise in her eyes but quickly faded away in annoyance.

"Why are you here Oliver?" She asked as she puffed out a cloud a smoke and let the cigarette rest in between her fingers. I sighed as I reached the top and was standing in front of her.

"I came here because I need to ask some questions." I said. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me dead in the eye.

"What questions do you ever need to ask me?" She told me.

"Well, first of all. What happened between you and Kathy today at Lunch?" I asked. She remained astound for a few seconds while blinking.

"You noticed that?" She asked me finally. I nodded.

"You notice a lot of things when you are the school loner. So what did you guys say?" I asked once more.

"We just had a fight on why I went back to my Goth look." She spoke truthfully. I nodded slowly.

"I know why you went back to your Goth clothing. You did it because there is something going on between Luke and you. There wouldn't be any other reason to go back in time where you still weren't friends with him. What's going on between you two?" I told her. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. She shut it back close and stared at the ground. After another drag of smoke she looked back to me.

"You." She simply said. Me? Were my initial thoughts correct? All of this is happening because of me? No, it couldn't. Why? She is not friends with me.

"Me?" I asked filled with doubt. She nodded.

"It's because of you. I have finally found out the truth between you and Kathy. You stopped hanging out with her all that time because Luke was threatening you with his gang. He didn't change one bit. He just sneaked once again into his old ways. As soon as I putted the pieces together I hated him again with all my guts. I couldn't believe he could do that. You two were friends and he was able to ruin it." She replied. Wow, Zahara was doing this because of what Luke was doing to me. I never thought this would happen. Cause why would anyone care what happens to me? Well, I guess Kathy and now Zahara...