Chapter 20

**Kathy's P.O.V.**

We were both sitting on my bed eating some snacks. We worked on our project for about two hours and it consisted mostly of me trying to find songs to relate to the book and him finishing the book. We decided that I would do five songs and he would do the other five to make it fair. Oli finished his Oreos and was staring at me.

"What is it? You staring at me like I'm a total mess." I told him. I seemed to grab his attention and dragged him back into the real world.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just kinda spaced out. I noticed you really enjoy the color black, long sleeves and bracelets." He spoke. I tensed up at his words. He did not figure it out right? He can't know the truth. I have been hiding it so well with everybody. Could it be just him randomly thinking? Ok, never mind I have to just act like a normal human being.

"Well, yeah. Black is my favorite color. I love bracelets because they're cute and amazing. Plus, long sleeves because I don't want to die from the cold. We're kind in the middle of winter. What do you expect me to wear, tank tops?" I asked with sarcasm. He started to chuckle.

"No, I mean even in October you would always wear long sleeves. Just leave it, I do the same. Expect I don't wear the bracelets." He said. I nodded as I took another bite from my Oreo.

"So, you're a fan of my music. How many concerts have you gone to?" I asked knowing music was our perfect connection.

"Sadly not that many. The worst part is that I haven't even been able to see Linkin Park live. They are my all time favorite band but I never had any luck. How about you?" He told me.

"Wow, that must suck very badly. I was able to go to Warped Tour last year but other than that I didn't really have that many chances. For my luck Of Mice & Men were performing so I was able to see them." I spoke. Oli decided to lay down on my bed and rest his head on my pillow.

"What are you doing? We still have to work on the project." I said annoyed by Oli.

"Who cares? We still have time. C'mon let's just relax and watch a movie or a tv show on Netflix. It's not like us watching one thing instead of working will give us an F." He said and patted the spot next to him. I eyed him for a fews seconds. He pouted his bottom lip forward and did a cute puppy eyes.

"Pretty pleaseeeee." He begged me. I shook my head slowly and took the computer away from him, laying down beside him. I opened up Netflix and stared at the many options.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders as a response.

"I don't know. You choose." He spoke. I scrolled down through the movies until one took my notice. I smiled and clicked on my favorite movie, Jurassic Park. I turned around and saw him surprised.

"If you don't like it we can alw-" I started to speak when he interrupted me.

"You kidding me? Jurassic Park is my favorite movie ever. I didn't expect you to like it since many would find it... childish." He said. I smiled at his words.

"Oh my god. I love you. First perfect music now also perfect movie taste? Wow. If liking Jurassic Park makes me childish than I'm the Queen of Children." I said joking around. He laughed along he with me. I clicked the play button and we scooted a bit closer so we could both see the screen better.

After about 20 minutes the helicopter was flying over the island and the beautiful soundtrack was playing. The power was too string and I started singing along with it. Surprisingly Oli started singing at the same time as I did. We looked at each other and smiled as we continued to sing along. After the song finished we both started laughing at then concentrated once more on the movie.

Halfway through the movie something interrupted us. It was my father, yelling.

"KATHY! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW AND YOU HAVE 3 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN ME WHO IS THIS FUCKER!" He yelled from downstairs. My eyes widen up as I looked at Oli. I paused the movie and ran down the stairs. Oli was slowly following me. I reached the door to see who it was. I looked and there he was, Luke. What was he doing here?

"Oh Dad, he's Luke. He's one of my friends at school. I'm sorry I didn't know he was going to show up." I tried to seem as calm as possible. My Dad nodded and took a few steps back. i moved forward so I was in front of Luke.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?" I asked him, smiling. He shook his head and hugged me.

"Well, hello to you too. I just came by to visit. I wanted to see if we could hang out." He spoke. My smile slightly disappeared. I couldn't hang out with him. I had Oli, here. Before I could respond I was interrupted.

"Who is it Kathy?" Oli spoke as he came into Luke's view. I turned around to look at Oli. As soon as he saw Luke he face was covered in terror. Is there something I don't know? After a second or two I shook it off and looked back at Luke who was smiling.

"I'm sorry but I can't. As you can see I'm here with Oli. We're working on the project I was telling you about. Maybe another time?" I asked. He nodded slowly.

"Yeah sure. Don't worry about it Kathy. See you tomorrow at school then?" He asked and I nodded. Before he left I gave him a quick hug and closed the door. I turned around and faced at Oli once more.

"C'mon let's go back to my room." I said. We started for the stairs and I heard my dad grumble quietly as he went out to the living room. We entered my room and Oli laid back down, but I sat on the bed, no longer interested in the movie.

"What's up?" Oli asked, noticing the look of discomfort on my face. I looked over at him, crossing my legs as I faced him.

"Luke showing up reminded me of something. Today Zahara had appeared in school, totally different. Like, she was going goth... should I be worried?" I asked, and Oli sat up, letting out a soft sigh. He rubbed his face before looking over at me.

"Listen, I'll tell you what I know, but it's not much." He started, and I nodded, looking at him as he spoke.

"Before you came, the little group consisted of Luke, Zahara, Sam, Matt, and Lee. They were tight in their junior year. Freshman and Sophomore are totally different. In Freshman year Zahara was goth, Sam was the guitarist who was always high, Malia and Matt were pretty close, and Luke was a total douche. He picked on all the loners with his gang. Guess who that included? Zahara. But she was fierce, she was taking karate classes and grappling classes. Course that didn't stop Luke. Quickly Zahara had cultivated large portions of hatred.This continued on to Sophomore year. Things like that don't go away Kathy, no matter what happens." He said, but I kept silent, wondering if he had more to say. He did.

"I'm not too sure on how they all got together, but now it's Zahara who smokes weed and plays the guitar, Sam who plays the drums and drinks. Matt and Malia are still close as ever and Luke runs the gang... then you came along, so now you and Luke technically run the gang together, considering you two are dating." His tone had turned sour, as if it pained him to say it. I frowned slightly.

"So.... Zahara's hatred is coming back to Luke?" I asked, playing with my hair as I stared at him.

"I'd be careful Kathy... Zahara doesn't just do things to do them mostly, there's a reason she's like this..." He seemed like he wanted to add more but he didn't say anything at all, instead closing the movie down and pulling open my Itunes.

"Okay, so we have-" His voice became muffled as I thought about what he told me. Zahara was doing this for a good reason then. And she was very serious about it. But what about Luke would make her do this? It couldn't be because of me, could it? I had to talk to Zahara about this tomorrow at school. All of this hiding stuff from me was annoying me.

** I hope you guys liked the chapter. Sorry that it's a shorter chapter than usual. I will try to make it up for the next chapter. So, I have been at my friend's house for pretty much almost two weeks Tomorrow I will be finally going back home. So I have less than a month of summer and I STILL didn't even start doing my homework. Hurray me.. Feel free to give me any kind of advice. **