Chapter 34

** Kathy's P.O.V. **

I made my way back home keeping the headphones in my ears. Oli was able to get inside my head like no other. I hated to admit how much he was able to get under my skin without even trying. With that last hint I was able to bring down the suspects by a lot. There were only about 10 other girls that started with a K, not counting me.

I mean, it couldn't possibly be me, right? I mean, he knows the monster that I am. Why the fuck would he ever like someone like me. I shook my head gently, entering my room and dumping all my shit.

I fell on the bed, landing headfirst on the pillow. I didn't even try to move, instead I just screamed in the pillow hoping it would hide it enough that my parents wouldn't hear it. I just hated this whole situation. I just wish I understood who it was right away. I mean, the other girls were really pretty and it would be obvious for him to go for someone like them. I would hope nothing but the best for them, but it just aches me in the bottom of my heart thinking that he could like another person.

After a countless amount of time of me trying to avoid any sort of thought and problem I got up. I took the pack of cigarettes and sat in the balcony. I started smoking away hoping that would help me either figure out who it was or just completely let myself distract. As one cigarette I took out another one placing it nicely in between my lips. I rested my head against the cool wall wondering, yet scared about what is going to happen tomorrow.

What if he finds out? What if he doesn't like me? Could it be that after all he does like another girl. I really don't want to ruin the friendship between us. I can't afford that and I know I'm screwed. What am I even supposed to do when he finds out and we have to talk about it? Just stand there and hope he won't just give up all of our friendship for something as stupid as this?

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration and went back to my bed grabbing my phone deciding to text Zahara for comfort.

To: Z bitch

What if Oli doesn't like me?

From: Z bitch

Don't worry about it. Trust me girl, everything is going to go fine.

I nodded to myself and sent a thanks back. I had to trust her, she  was my best friend after all. Let's just really hope that she's right. I closed my phone and tried to went through the rest of the day without worrying about Oli too much.

** Oli's P.O.V. **

I was making my way to school, trying to fill my head with music. Sadly, there was one thing that was able to get into my head like no other, Kathy. Ever since that last hint I haven't seen her or gotten a word from her. Honestly, there is a part of me that is just too scared to deal with it. I'm afraid that she found out that I like her and now she wants to avoid me. I hate it so much.

I should have never agreed to that stupid deal and look where I am. Mentally confused with maybe a future heart broken. The worst part? That I'm still unsure about who she likes. I mean, yeah there aren't that many people that start with an O, but how could it possibly be me? Who would ever end up liking a guy like me?

Just look at the other guys, they are all so popular and up to society's standards of hot. Then there is me, a loner who received a miracle to have some friends around. I'm a freak and a perfect example of what not to become according to normal people. I'm not normal, I'm some emo guy who wishes nothing but to commit suicide.

The truth? I'm just a weak boy that has fallen in love with an amazing girl. I'm so scared to find out the truth that I'm hiding behind stupid hints that will allow me to go through the day. However, when Zahara gave Kathy the last clue, the game became way too restricted. She's a bright girl and she is going to find out the truth, real fast. It's only a matter of time before the light bulb will switch on for one of us and when that happens, it's game over.

I entered the school grounds hoping there wouldn't be anybody there yet. I was wrong, there was Nicholls and Zahara chatting along and waved at me as soon as they spotted me. I waved back and walked their way.

"Hey bro, how you feeling?" He asked me.

"I guess I'm fine. I just want to get this over with. I can't stand going through another day without knowing who she likes. I want it to end it today." I answered. They both looked at me surprise, Zahara with a sly smile on her face.

"So, you're saying that you still got no idea who Kathy likes?" Zahara asked me.

"Nope" I simply said, shrugging my shoulders. Nicholls put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me in the eyes with a sincere smile. 

"Don't worry about it. It's just a matter of time, right? I mean, soon enough one of you will find out. Then you guys will have to start talking." He told me.

"Yea I know. That's what I'm scared about. What if she doesn't like me and I'm just going to appear as a dumb ass? What if after this she is just going to ignore me like there is no tomorrow? What if she will just laugh in my face and make fun of me for ever even thinking that she could possibly like me? I can't risk this whole friendship for something like this." I told them.

"Wow Oli, you really need to calm down. Everything is going to be alright? Understand us? Don't worry about it. Kathy is smart and caring, she would never do something like that. I thought you would knew this by the amount of time you two spend together." Zahara said. She was right. Kathy wasn't like that. She cared about me. She was the one who started talking to me the first day of school even though I flipped her off and she perfectly knew that I was the school loner. She kept trying to be my friend even when I pissed her off.

"Fine, I will calm down. I just, this thing has been getting over my head so much. You know what? I'm going to end this thing today. I'm going to grow a pair for once and be brave." I told them. Matt's eyes widen as he understood what I was saying.

"You are going to confess to her?" He asked me surprised. I nodded confidently.

"She is going to find out the truth, it's a matter of time afterall. Why not just rush to the finish line and get this over with?" I told them. They nodded in sympathy and started to look behind my back.

"Well, I really hope you are ready to confess know cause I see her coming. We will leave you guys alone so you can talk all you want." Zahara said pulling Nicholls away with her. I knew they weren't going to disappear completely, but I let them go and turned around. A smiling Kathy was making her way towards me with her arms open. I hugged her tightly and took a deep breath knowing that it was going to be though for me.

"Good morning sunshine, how you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm fine, tired but fine. You?" She asked, fixing her hair behind her ear.

"Same, nothing new feeling normal like always." I answered back.

"Sooo, I feel stupid to say this but I still don't know who you like." She told me while staring at her shoes. I chuckled up.

"Oh, you're not alone. I still don't know either. So you got a hint for me?" I asked her. She blushed and nodded.

"I guess my hint is that he is really close to me. What about you, got a hint for me?" She told me shyly. I took a deep breath, I have to do it now. I have the chance and I have to man up. I can and I will do this.

"She standing right in front of me." I softly said looking straight into her eyes, serious. I closed them, turned around and starting walking away before she could say anything. 

** I hope you guys liked the chapter. So, I guess we finally arrived to the point that everybody was waiting for. The moment the Oli confesses his feelings for Kathy. So, during the month of July I will be going to the beach and I don't really know if there is going to be good wifi. I will try my best to update  the story soon. Anyways, feel free to give me any kind of advice. **