Chapter 25

** Zahara's P.O.V. **

** The Next Morning **

I pulled the car up to the parking lot and parked it, body shaking slightly as I turned off the car then sat there. I just stared in the direction of the tennis courts, swallowing thickly as my heart pounded. My palms grew clammy and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. The doctors had warned me not to head back, that I was not ready, but my parents argued with them for hours, and eventually threatened to sue them. The doctors gave in, after giving me tons of medications and advice, and how to keep my feelings under control, and now here I was, sitting in my car in the school parking lot.

I opened my purse, grabbing one of the pill bottles and opening it up, popping two into my mouth. I wouldn't feel the effects till later, but the doctors said it worked. Besides, it wouldn't get me as high as if I had actually smoked weed or took the extracts of it. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, calming myself down. I grabbed my book bag, transferring the bottles of pills to the pockets in my book bag and hid my purse, stepping out of my car and closing the door solidly behind me. My car keys disappeared into my pockets after I locked the car. I wore a loose fluffy skirt, black ruffles lying under a lighter layer of black lace. A black choker necklace rested on my throat, the skull in the center standing out against my outfit.

A dark smoky eye and cat eyes hid the bags under my eyes, and my bangs covered bits and pieces of my eyes too, helping people not notice my bags. I could see the streaks of reds melded with the blacks and I faintly smiled, relaxing a little bit as I started towards the school. As soon as I entered through the doors I tensed up again, my pink tongue darting out to slightly wet my black lips. My knee high boots made loud thuds against the floor as I walked, and my neck prickled as everyone stared at me.

"Did you hear what Luke did to her?" I heard faintly from somewhere.

"No, but I heard it was horrible... I wasn't here yesterday." A voice responded, and I kept my head held high, my black corset straightening my spine out of pain. Yet, I took a silent comfort from the pain, almost as if I enjoyed it. The pain between my legs seemed to be fading away more and more, and I felt the effects of the drugs I had taken about twenty minutes ago kick in.

"I heard it was gory, she was bleeding everywhere."

"From where? I don't see any scars or cuts or bandages." Someone responded softly, as if I didn't have ears. I casted a glare at the two girls, scaring them into silence. I looked back at the ground, heart pounding as I walked up to my locker. I opened it and took a deep breath, nearly bursting into tears.

Kathy and Oli had put a bunch of pictures, cards, candy, and even cigarettes in my locker. I let out a soft sigh of appreciation, grabbing the cigarettes and storing them in a secret compartment in my belt/skirt. I looked through the cards, laughing as I noticed the gang's signatures and a bunch of money from Nicholls. I stored away the money and carefully packed the cards together, putting them in the little shelf at the top of my locker. I took the pictures and used my magnets to post them throughout my locker.

It was when Kathy and I were hanging out at the party. The most recent picture was of me standing in front of the school, kissing Sam. There were a total of twenty pictures, and in every single one of them me and Kathy were smiling and laughing. Unless it was of me and Sam.

'She notices more about me and Sam than I thought.' I smiled at the thought and someone laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Guess who?" It was Kathy. I turned around and smiled, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered, and she hugged me back, slipping a lighter into my outer pocket of my book bag.

"Always Z, you're a part of my family now, we have to look out for each other." She said as we pulled apart. I smiled and grabbed the lighter, slipping it into the pocket the cigarettes are in and putting my book bag in the locker. I closed the locker and looked to Kathy.