Chapter 31

** Oli's P.O.V. **

"GET UP YOU WORTHLESS FAG!" The screams of my father had dragged me away from the beautiful fantasy of dreams. The door slammed open as I jumped out of my bed from the fear. I gave a quick glance at the time noticing it was only 5:23 A.M. What the fuck was he waking me up so early? He rushed over to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. "NOW LISTEN TO ME! GO AND GET ME A SIX PACK AND SOME VODKA! DON'T FORGET TO HURRY UP!" He ordered me as he was about to rip the shirt for how strong he was pulling it.

"Yes sir!" I called back and I made my best to get out of the bed. Once he got up a sick smile was on his face he just kicked me in the guts. I did my best to make any sort of reaction knowing that was exactly what he was wanting for. After a bit he gave up and finally went away and was not gentle with how he closed the door. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I went over to grab some clothes and dragged myself out.

I was so sick and tired of him... I couldn't stand it anymore. I started making my way to the store even the sun still wasn't rising.I took out a cigarette and took in as much smoke as possible. I swear to God as soon as I become 18 I'm just going to leave this shit hole and find Mom and Tom. Well, that's always if they want me to be around them... They don't even try to reach in contact with me. It's pretty depressing if I think about it.

The old guy gave me a shy smile as I entered. The smile was only a disguise, the true emotion was hidden behind his eyes and it showed sadness. I returned the smile and made my way to the usual aisle. I picked up the beers and the vodka and went back to the cashier to pay. Suddenly I saw a pack of Marlboro in front of my eyes. I looked at him confused.

"It's a gift for you. I know you smoke and I know you spend too much money already on your filthy father. Also as a special I will half the price." He smiled as he gave me back the rest. A genuine smile spread on my face. At least there was somebody in this world that seemed to care about me...

"Thank you sir. You don't have to really, it's ok." I said shyly not knowing want to respond really. He shook his head softly.

"Oh, don't worry kiddo. A few less bucks won't hurt me. But I know that they may become important to you. It's nice to do some good small actions every once in a while especially for the people who deserve it. Now I think it's better if you get going if you don't want to anger your father. It's always a pleasure to see you." He told me. I really took those words to heart and thanked him as I exited and started returning home. I looked again and started to see the first signs of sunlight was crashing through the horizon. By the time I would reach home it wouldn't even be 6, but I for sure couldn't be able to go back to sleep anymore, especially with him awake. I guess I was going to have to find somewhere to go...

I opened the door and closed it softly. I went in the living room to find my father on the couch just watching some random tv show. I passed him the bag and ran back to my room before he could say anything. I just put everything into my bag and took out my phone. I looked through my contacts searching for the only person that was in my mind.

To: Kathy <3

Hey, can I come over? I know it's early and I don't even really know when you are going to see this.

In the meantime went to the bathroom to make sure that the bruise from my father wasn't that much of a big deal. There was a bright purple decorating my skin as I just felt disgusted. I fixed my hair as its best. I grabbed all my shit and sneaked my way out as my father was sipping his beer. Once I successfully was able to escape I felt my phone buzz.

From: Kathy <3

Umm, duh if it's early! It's only 5:55, I honestly don't even know how you can be awake at this time. Sure just tell me when you're here so I can open the door.