Chapter 33

** Zahara's P.O.V **

** Lunch Time **

I sat down at the table- shoving the mashed potatoes in my mouth as watched Nicholls and Malia sit down. They sat on either side of me and looked at me- smirking at each other before returning their smirks to me.

"Say, you know about the bet Oli and Kathy are doing, yea?" Nicholls asked, and I nodded, shoving a chicken nugget in my mouth before munching on the mixture.

"So like... how long do you think it's gonna take for them to realize its the other one?" Malia asked, and I slightly snickered as I swallowed, washing down the food with a bit of strawberry milk.

"I predict that Kathy will find out by tomorrow." The boys began laughing boisterously, tears appearing in their eyes as they laughed.I waited till they were done, eating more mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets. When they were done I cleared my throat- raising an eyebrow at them.

"How long do you think it will take Oli?" I asked, and they looked to each other, seeming to communicate with some internal power that I lacked with either one of them,

"Friday." They said at the same time, and I scoffed, shaking my head as I finished off my milk.

"Yea right, Friday is when he'll start to go 'wait a minute', I don't think he'll find out till Monday." I said, snickering. "And that's being generous." I added, and I began laughing as they frowned at each other, trying to ignore my laughter. Sam entered and I looked over at him, winking before resuming my eating. Nicholls scooted away and allowed Sam to sit next to me.

"Say babe, you think that Kathy would be able to find out that Oli likes her before Oli figured out that she likes him?" I asked, popping the last chicken nugget in my mouth as I looked over at him. He chuckled and kissed my forehead, patting my black hair as he shrugged.

"I guess, why?" He asked, and I looked to the duo before clearing my throat, wishing I hadn't finished off my strawberry milk.

"Kathy and Oli made a bet, every hour they give a hint and eventually they're suppose to be able to guess who the other person likes. Course, everyone knows that they like each other, so yea know." I said, and Sam snuck a bite of my mashed potatoes, looking thoughtful.

"Then yea, I think Kathy will figure out before Oli." He said, and I smiled victoriously at the duo, shoving my tray towards the center of the table as I relaxed against Sam, letting him wrap an arm around my waist. We continued on talking, eventually trailing off from that topic before I spotted Oli, nudging Sam with my elbow and Malia with my foot to get their attention.

"Look who arrives." I say, and Oli chuckles as he sits down across from me, his books clattering onto the table with thumps and slams.

"Damn, I'm so tired of trying to guess who her crush is. Can't you guys just tell me?" He whined, and we all laughed or chuckled, shaking our heads as we looked to each other.

"No dude, that totally defeats the purpose." Sam said, and I nodded in agreement as Oli groaned again.

"Please, I'll do anything!" He said, and I looked at Sam, eyebrows raised before looking over at Oli, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively. He stuck his tongue out as he gagged, shaking his head. We all began laughing again and I quieted the laughter, catching Oli's attention with a wave of a hand.

"Look, look, Oli. If we tell you- we'd have to tell Kathy too. I don't really think you want that." I said, and he groaned again, slamming his head into the books. Speak of the devil, and she shall appear. Kathy carefully sat down beside Oli, looking at me with a small grin. I smiled back and she said hello to everyone- teasing Oli for his most recent action. He flipped her off and she laughed- her cheeks coated in a soft blush as she slapped his hand away.

"Look, Kathy, you two seem to be struggling, no?" I asked, and Kathy nervously chuckled, shrugging slightly.

"Not really but really, yea. I can't seem to narrow down the list at all!" She exclaimed, and I smiled.

"Then let us tell you guys a hint." I said, and they looked to each other, confused slightly before back at me.

"I-I guess..." She said uncertainly, and I stood, walking around to her and sitting down beside her- leaning close to her ear.

"His crush's name starts with a 'K'." I whispered in her ear, and she pulled away with a small squeal at the new, and helpful, hint. Nicholls leaned over to Oli and whispered his hint in his ear, and Oli's eyes widened as he looked over to Kathy.

"There you go children, play carefully!" I said, and Kathy slapped my arm as I scrambled away from her, laughing childishly as I sat back down by Sam. I looked to Nicholls, my black lips pursing as I looked him up and down.

"What hint did you tell him?" I asked, and he looked to me, raising an eyebrow of his own and mocking my pose- lips pursing and all.

"I won't tell if you won't tell." He said, and I snickered, laughing at his attempt to mock me.

"I told her that his crush's name starts with a 'K'. What did you tell him?" I asked, and he looked over at Kathy, wiggling his eyebrows before looking back at me.

"I told him that her crush's name started a 'O'." He said, and the duo looked to each other- doubt crossing their features. Hope began to grow in my heart as I looked between the two- hoping they would catch on. At least that Kathy would catch on. Kathy shook her head and Oli let out a weak laugh, looking away. I groaned softly and Sam chuckled as he pulled me closer. Malia and Nicholls seemed ready to slap some sense into Oli, and the duo were oblivious to it all.

"Whatever guys- the bell's about to ring, let's get to our last period then end the day." I said, standing up and grabbing my tray in one hand. Sam was quick to steal it- taking it away with some words of 'can't stop me' and taking it to the rack. I sighed and looked around, eyes brushing over Luke's figure without pause. I was done with him.

"Come on Z!" Kathy said, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the cafeteria without looking back. I chuckled as I pulled away and regained my own pace- heading towards class with a slightly slow pace. Kathy would find out... soon... hopefully. I really hope she would. 

** I hope you guys liked the chapter. I know it's pretty short but I just wanted to get this out as soon as possible. I bet a lot of you will be so angry for how oblivious our poor guys are. But I like seeing you guys suffer sometimes. Please just don't try to kill me. Feel free to give me any kind of advice. **