Chapter 35

** Kathy's P.O.V. **

I was speechless as I stared at him walk away. Did I just hear that correctly? Did Oli just admit that he liked me? No, it couldn't be. How in the world did Oli ever like me? There were a lot of better looking girls just in our grade. I wanted to scream to Oli but he disappeared into the crowd. What the fuck was I still doing here standing like an idiot? He just admitted that he liked me and all I do is stand here doing nothing? I wanted to run up to him and kiss him but my legs couldn't seem to move.

I looked around to find Zahara coming over this way. She seemed to be rushing over like a maniac. Did she hear everything? Did she just hide to record us hoping to get something nice on her phone? She however seemed just as confused as I was.

"So? What happened? You guys were talking and Oli just left all of a sudden." She seemed frustrated with the situation. Did she know more about the situation than me? I shook my head not knowing why he did that too.

"H-he likes me." was all I was able to say. I felt like I was dreaming, it couldn't be true. Out of the girls that are here, how could he possibly ever like me?

"What?" Zahara asked with a sly smile on her face.

"He just told me he likes me" I repeated, my cheeks burning a bright pink.

"Love, I want details" She told me slightly annoyed.

"We were giving each other our next hints and he said that his hint was that sh-she was standing right in front of him and then just walked away." I said still in shock.

"So, Oli basically said that his crush was you?" She asked for clarification.

"Yeah... I guess he did. I-I just don't understand why he left me here like this. Did I do something wrong? Maybe he realized it was a mistake that he liked me and walked away to clear his mi-" I started to ramble when Zahara interrupted me.

"Ok, now you are going to listen to me young lady. I know Oliver and I know that he likes you. He actually has had a crush on you for a bit of time. But of course when somebody has a crush on you, you magically become oblivious to it no matter what. That's what's happening with Oli. I think he doubts the possibility that you could like him" She told me. Oli liked me. Oli actually likes me and all this time I had no idea. How blind could I actually be? I felt stupid for not noticing the signs before.

"What? But he didn't even give me the time to answer him." I told her not knowing what else to say.

"Well why are you still standing here? Run to him and tell him that you like him stupid!" Zahara was now shaking me.

"You're right, I'm going to try and find him." I told her and started walking away in the direction I saw him going. I looked all over the place but all the faces I saw were not the one I was searching. Where could have Oli ever disappeared?

I continued to search disparately for him with no result. I hated it how easily one could hide in this place. It was ridiculous. More time passed, the more I replayed that sentence in my head. I could feel the butterflies flutter in my stomach. I was so nervous, but I didn't really know why. I mean, I knew he liked me so I couldn't be nervous about that.

Hallway after hallway, Oli was nowhere to be found. I needed to talk to him so badly, yet he was able to disappear in mid air. The bell rang ending my hope of finding him before school started. I walked into my first period class with my phone in my hand.

To: Z Bitch

I couldn't find Oli...

I sat in my usual seat in the very last row. Luckily he was the kind of teacher who didn't care if you were on your phone or not. He would just teach the people who were listening. In the end, we become our worst enemy when he gives out tests about stuff we didn't pay attention about. I usually would casually nod while writing down notes. But today I had more important stuff going through my head.

From: Z Bitch

Do you have any classes with him before lunch?

To: Z Bitch

No... I can't believe it that I have to wait all the way till lunch and I don't want to talk about it in the cafeteria with everybody just staring at us, it's plain embarrassing.

From: Z Bitch

And who said that you guys have to talk about it in the cafeteria?

To: Z Bitch

Explain

From: Z Bitch

You go to the tennis court and at lunch I'll grab Oli and take him there to you so you guys can talk about it privately. Deal?

To: Z Bitch

Deal 

I closed my phone and smiled for a moment. At least I wouldn't have the guys staring at me. I closed the phone and looked up for the first time at the power point the teacher was giving us... 53 slides in. Oh well, those 53 slides couldn't be that important, right? 

** Lunch **

As soon as the bell rang, I rushed my way to the tennis court. I just wanted this to be over and hopefully on a happy  note. I stood there, in the middle of the yellow court, sticking out like a sore thumb waiting for them to arrive. I was starting to get nervous again and I needed something to distract me. I started tapping my foot to the ground in a irregular, fast paced rhythm. I looked around to finally see two little head pop out from the distance. 

A faint smile spread through my face as I saw Oli getting closer. Once we were at a close enough distance, Zahara looked up at me, winking and left us alone. I looked straight into Oli's eyes knowing that after this conversation, everything was going to be different. He was brave enough to speak up first. 

"Hey there... I guess we should talk about what happened this morning." He told me, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"Oli, what you said this morning took me by surprise. I didn't even have the chance to mentally understand what you meant and react and you were already gone." Saying the first thing that came past my mind. 

"I'm sorry. It's just, I was too scared. I didn't want to go through another disappointment, I already had too many in my life to count. Look, it's perfectly fine if you don't feel the same way abo-" I interrupted him before he could make up a fake story in his mind without knowing the truth.

"But I do." I firmly said. He looked up to me in surprise. 

"What?" He asked me, not believing what his ears just recorded. 

"I like you Oli and a lot. Ever since I understood who Luke really was, I also understood why there was always something that didn't feel right. I wasn't fully into him. I always liked you, but I never admitted to myself. Only after the break up was I able to look inside of me and accept the true feelings I have towards you." We both took a step closer. His hands softly touching my cheek. His thumb moved back and forth and he looked at me once more. Then it happened, there we were, kissing. 

A few seconds later I let go, grinning like a little girl. His hand moved into mine and our fingers intertwined perfectly. We just stood there, facing each other for a few moments. 

"So, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked in a cheeky voice, grinning. 

"I would love to." I answered, giving him another kiss. 

** Well, well, well. Look who came back from the living dead. I guess better late than never. I legit have no excuse for all the waiting and I hate myself for not only leaving this unfinished. But leaving this on a CLIFFHANGER! Like how evil was I to you guys? Eh, I hope you can forgive me. As always, feel free to give me any kind of advice. **