Chapter 19

** Kathy's P.O.V. **

I stared at Zahara and Sam as they left the group. I didn't know what to think about what happened. It wasn't like her usual self. She seemed different, I mean of course she changed her looks but also in her personality something was... off. I looked back at Luke and he seemed hateful. Was something happening that I didn't know of? I looked at Matt and Lee. Lee seemed as surprised as me while Matt had grim of knowledge in his eyes. I was for sure going to ask some information from him later. For now lets just see what Luke would tell me.

"Well, that's a change for Zahara." I commented. Luke finally looked back at me.

"Yeah... she left the pastel goth look I see." He said slowly. For a second there was a look of anger flaming in his eyes.

"She seems to be going back to her old self..." Matt spoke, his tone devoid of emotion.

"What do you mean her old self? Wasn't she always a... pastel goth?" I asked, looked between Matt and Luke. Matt looked over at Luke, but Luke didn't notice, he was still staring after the now gone duo.

"No... in fact before Luke came along she was goth... and Luke had decided to make her one of his few victims... not that it worked out well. Luke then joined the group, claiming he had changed his ways and begging for Zahara's forgiveness..." Matt trailed off and Luke looked over at him, but Matt was looking at the ground, eyebrows furrowed.

"She forgave me." Luke said coldly, and Matt looked up at him, glaring daggers at him.

"Ob-vious-ly." (Read in Snapes voice xD) Matt said, right before turning and leaving.

"Luke. What's wrong with Matt?? And why would Zahara be reverting back to her old self?? What did Matt mean by her being a victim??" I asked, Lee looking just as confused as I sounded.

"I don't know what has got Matt's knickers in a twist. In freshman year me and Zahara were friends, sophomore year I got sucked up into the popular crowd and she... accidentally, became one of the victims." He had avoided my question about why Zahara would be reverting back to her old self. Luke just gently took my hand before saying a curt goodbye to Lee and heading inside the building. I didn't bring up the fact that he had avoided my question, instead choosing to stare down at the ground while I walked away.

Little did I know that Oli had seen us, and that in his eyes our relationship looked forced, if not abused.

**At Lunch **

When I arrived in the lunchroom Luke, Matt, and Lee were sitting at our usual table, and I smiled before skipping forward, sitting besides Luke. The table was oddly quiet.

"Where's Zahara?" I asked, looking between the three. I received no response, at least from them I didn't.

"Does it fucking matter?" Zahara said and I looked over my shoulder to watch her walk to our table.

"Where's Sam?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest. Now she was being cold.

"Here." Sam sat down and we all stared at him, before bursting out into laughter. Zahara had a knowing smirk on her obsidian black lips, her aqua blue eyes sort of glittering.

"W-what?"

"Your lips!" Lee choked out, and Sam instantly paled, wetting his hands and rubbing his lips vigorously.

"Fucking... bitch.... Zahara." Sam muttered while he was cleaning his lips off. Zahara softly laughed, sitting down beside him.

"What was with you this morning?" Lee asked, and Zahara looked to Lee, slightly confused.