Chapter 27

Leo raped her. Those words keep repeating in my head. Leo raped Kate? Kate was raped by Leo? No matter what way I say, it doesn't seem real. "Kate, please tell me you're lying," I plead, tears gathering in my eyes.

"I wish I was," She says with no emotion, her gaze locked on the fire place.

"Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I'm the cliche girl who got raped and didn't tell anybody that you see on SVU or something. I always told myself if that ever happened to me, I wouldn't be afraid to tell someone. But I am, I'm afraid..." That's all it took for her to break down in silent sobs.

Where's the bubbly girl who never backs down from anything. Where's the girl who always has a smile on her face. I miss her. She's just as broken as me. I go over and sit next to her and hold her while she cries. I whisper soothing things to her, but I don't know if it's working. "We have to go the police."

"What? No!" She says getting out of my hold quickly.

"Kate, if Leo raped you then we have to go to the police. They can help us put the sick monster behind bars," I argue.

"He told me it was a mistake. He didn't mean to. He told me if I didn't tell anyone, he would let me go and he wouldn't hurt anyone else," She says while tears pool her eyes. "I can't let anyone go through what I went through."

"Kate I understand that, but if we can get him locked up we will know for sure that he can never hurt another person. How do you even know he hasn't hurt other girls after you?"

"I don't," She whispers while twiddling her thumbs.

"Exactly."

"You just don't understand!" She yells while sprinting to the stairs.

"I understand in more ways then you know. Kate you know who raped you! What's stopping you from telling?" I say while chasing after her and tackling her on the stair case.

"I should of never told you. I knew this would happen," She grunts out.

"What the hell is going on?" I look up and see Drake standing on the top of the stairs with his arms crossed. He looks down and sees Kate's make-up smeared and tear streaked face. He races down the stairs and cups her cheeks, "What happened?" He said switching worried glances between Kate and I.

Kate gives me a pleading look as for me to not give away her secret to Drake. "I told Kate about Mia and it made her emotional," I lie. She looks at me in curiosity, but quickly masks it.

"Why are you sitting on her then?"

"We were playing a game of tag?" I say more as a question then statement. I look down at at Kate, "I win."

I get off her and she gets up quickly, "I think it's time for me to go to sleep," She says before heading to her room and slams the door.

I avoid Drake's gaze and head to his room and I hear him follow me. "So are you going to tell me what really happened?" He asks me with crossed arms.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you're lying to me."

I sigh in frustration. "Drake it's not my secret to tell, I want to tell you so bad, but I can't. If someone told you something that I wasn't ready for you to hear then I would be very hurt."

"Fine," He sighs out.

"Lets just get some sleep. Tomorrow's Christmas!" I say excitedly.

"You're right," He says before we lie down and soon I hear his breathing even out. Tomorrow's Christmas and Leo raped Kate anything else I should know about before the years over.