Chapter 6

When I wake up, nobody is awake. I like it that way. I get ready for school and grab a pop tart, and walk out the door silently.

Megan is waiting outside, and I hop in her car. "Hey." I greet her.

She doesn't respond, so I look over and see tear streaks running down her face. "What's wrong?" I ask worried about her.

She starts to hiccup, trying to control her emotions. "M-My m-m-mom is g-g-g-gone" She manages out.

She can't mean her mom is gone, as in like dead. No. "Oh, Megan come here." I tell her.

I reach over the console and give her a tight hug. She cries in my shoulder, and I feel my shoulder shake from her hysteria.

"I'm s-s-sorry I....I r-ruined your s-shirt." She says, as he tries to compose herself.

"Don't be." I scold her. "Besides I don't like this shirt anyways."

She chuckles, but it sounds forced. She turns around and starts to head to school.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. She's can't drive, she's not stable at the moment. "Pull over." I tell her. She obeys with out a word. I think she knows she's not in the right mind set to drive.

I get out my phone and dial Derek, I call him, and in less than 10 minutes he pulls up. He walks up to Megan's door, and sees her condition. He takes her out of her car, and puts her in the passenger side of his car. He's comes back around to my side. "Here." He tosses me her keys. "You can take her car." He says, than turns around.

"Take care of her." I call after him.

"I will." He responds, before speeding off to who knows where.

*****************************************

I pull into school and the bell has already rung, so I hurry, and get my things. I walk into first period, and everyone's head snap up, to meet my beet red face. "So nice of you to join us Miss Reed."

I ignore Mr. Garret, as I head to my seat. Drake looks at me with curiosity, probably wondering why I am late. I get out my phone and text Megan, still worrying about her.

Hey, I hope you are okay...I'm sorry for your loss. I know that doesn't help, but hopefully Derek is making you feel better. If not than, I will kick Derek, where the sun don't shine;)

"Lily!" Mr. Garret snaps at me. My head shoots up, and I gulp, as I realize his glare is directed at me. "First you are late to my class! Now you are texting during my lesson. Maybe you can learn how to pay attention in detention after school."

"But...I was just-"

"I don't care what you were doing. My class. My rules. Got it?" He says with irritation.

"Yes sir." I grit out.

*****************************************

After class I make my way to second period and find Drew since we have to present our essays to the class today. Yay me. Not.

"Okay class first up, is Drew and Lily."

Great...I'm going to make an absolute fool of myself. I think Drew could see my distress, so he offered to go first. Thank the lorsha.

"My essay is over Lily Reed" Derek starts off. "Lily Reed is like everyone in this school... can't wait to get out of this prison."

Ooh. Nice way to break the ice, I think in my head.