Chapter 8

Recap;

"I think...I think I like you.

    He laughs. "Well, I like you too."

    "No. I mean I like you as in more than friends."

    "Oh..."

    He opens his mouth to reply, but this his phone rings, interrupting him. He answers, and gives short okays, here and there. "I will be there in minute." He hangs up the phone, and turns to me, with a regretful look in his eyes. "This conversation isn't over." He informs me.

    I nod in response. He walks out of my house, and he didn't even tell me how he feels.

    I need to talk to someone...all of my friends are busy, and I don't want to bother them, so I call Leo.

    "Hello?" He answers.

    "Hey. This is Lily." I state.

    "Oh Lily...it's good to hear from you. Are you okay?"

    "Not exactly." I sigh.

    "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks me.

    "Not really, I just want to talk to someone. If you don't want to, it's totally fine." I say quickly.

    "No! Anytime you need to talk, you can call me."

    "Thanks Leo." I say with a smile even though he can't see me.

    "No problem, Lily." The way he said my name, made me feel weird, but I shook the negative thoughts away, since he's being nice.

   Leo and I talked for a little while, but I wish it was Drake talking to me instead.

    "Well, I have to go. I will see you at school on Monday." I tell Leo.

    "Oh okay, bye."

     We hang up, and I fall back on my bed with a sigh. Why did Drake's phone have to ring at that particular moment.

    I turn over, and scream in my pillow. After a while of thinking about everything, I fall asleep.

*****************************************
Drake P.O.V

    "This better be good!" I growl out.

    "It's your parents..." Ms. Fiona, my house keeper tells me.

    "What about them... I know, they went on a business trip." I say, with a bored expression.

    "No, it's about your biological parents." She says with sympathy in her eyes.

    What? My biological parents...I haven't see or heard from them, since they put my up for adoption, when I was ten.

    "What about them?" I say hesitantly.

    "They want to see you." She says.

    "Why? They didn't want me then, why do they want me now?" I yell.

    "Sweetie..." She starts, but I cut her off, by storming off, and slamming my door. I didn't mean to take it out on her. I will apologize to her, after I blow off some steam.

    I grab my boxing gloves, out of my drawers. I walk down to our basement, that me, and my dad converted to a gym.

    I head over to punching bag, and start pounding it. Every punch is for all the stress I'm feeling.

    My biological parents want to see me. Punch. My parents are on another business trip. Punch. Lily has feelings for me, and I didn't tell her, I like her too. Punch. Punch. That one gets two punches, because that is my own fault.

    After I wear myself out, with punching, I go take a long shower. I try to wash off all my problems, but it doesn't really work out.

     After getting dressed, I walked down the stairs, and saw Ms. Fiona whisking away, probably at one of her new delicious creations. "Aunt Fiona." I call her that because she has raised me, since my parents started going on trips.

    "Yes dear?" She calls from the stove.

    "I'm sorry." I say, feeling dejected.

   "Oh sweetie, come here."

    "What do I do?" I mumble in her shoulder, since she's hugging me tightly. Which is weird since I'm 6'5 and she's more like 5'4.

    "Do what your heart tells you." She says wisely. "Now, who's the girl, you have fallen for?" She asks with a smirk.

    "How did you know?"

    "I didn't, but you just told me." She says with a sly grin

    I chuckle, along with her. "Fiona...she's amazing." I say. I sound like a middle school girl.

     "Is she another one of your little toys, you play with." She says with raised eyebrows.

     "No, not at all. She actually ran away when I kissed her." I say, chucking to myself, thinking about the memory.

     "I like her already, but I wouldn't be bragging, about how she left you, after kissing her." She laughs loudly

    Aunt Fiona and I keep talking about Lily, and at that moment, I realized I have fallen for Lily Reed.

*****************************************

    I hoped y'all enjoyed this short chapter...what do you yah think is going to happen next? I would also like to give a shout out to my friend suhalyah000 she wrote the best short story I have read!