Chapter 2

"So when did you move here?" She asks as we walk up the steps of the prison that I call school.

"Over the summer. My mom got remarried, and we moved in with her new husband." I simply reply, I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was too busy thinking about my dad. Wondering if he ever thinks about me too or if he enjoys having no responsibilities.

When we enter the school I decide to push those thoughts away. My new friend starts to pull me to a small group of people chatting with each other. "Hey, guys I would like you to meet-Oh my gosh! I forgot to ask your name. My name's Halley, and I'm so sorry! What's your name?" She giggles.

"Oh, my name is Lily..." I trail off, not sure where to go from there.

Halley turns to the group of people as she starts to introduce us. "That's Derek and his girlfriend Megan, also known as my best friend, Drew should be around here some-" Two hands that wrap around her waist interrupting her. I see her glance up at the guy, and she gets a twinkle in her eye, the same one my mom had when she looked at my dad...I have got to stop thinking about him.

"Earth to Lily!" I see a hand wave in my face. "Oh..um..sorry what?" I mumble out now focusing on the group.

"This is Drew my boyfriend." She says without taking eyes off of him. I want that. I want to love someone and for that someone to love me back just as much. Wait! What am I thinking? I don't want that, everyone I know gets heartbroken, I don't need that.

"Well, we better get to class, sadly we don't  have first period together, I already  compared our schedules. But do not fret, my lovely! We have fifth and eighth period together. Your class is right there. See yah later Lily!" She calls while walking away with Drew connected at the hip.

I open the door to my class, and only a few kids are sitting down or talking amongst themselves. I awkwardly look at my choice seats. This is a new school I could change my image, be a better person...Nah that's way too much work.

This school is so cliche, it's ridiculous. There's the jocks where they think they are funny and cool, and than the snobby girls, who wear short skirts and stuff their bras. Totally obvious, if you ask me. I can't forget the skaters who like to smoke things I have no clue about, and dye there hair every color of the rainbow. Nerds aren't that bad, I am sorta one, but I don't focus on school as much as I should. Last, but never the least, we have what I like to no names. They're the no names because they are little bit of everything, and they don't have a specific "label". Kind of like drifters.

 I may seem like I'm assuming things about people I don't know, maybe I am, but, I am pretty perceptive and pay attention to things people would over see when I look at things or people.

I decide to sit in the back of the room alone, trying to not draw attention to my self. It was working until about 10 minutes into class the door opens an reveals the most gorgeous boy-no man I have ever seen.

"Why are you late to my class, Mr. Jamison?" My math teacher Mr. Garret questions him.

"Does it really matter", he snaps and storms to the back of the class. As I look around, the only empty seat is next to me. I gulp as I think of the way his midnight black hair is messy, like he ran his hands through it several times, but still looking well kept. How he manages that? I have no idea.

He sits down beside me, but seems his thoughts are too preoccupied to even notice me. He doesn't even notice the girls starting to sit up straighter and push their chests out, like they even have a chance. Then again I don't either, so I can't really judge.

He looks over and has to take a double take making sure I was really here. Jam it! He caught me staring.

"Hey", he greets simply.

"Hi." I meekly respond. Way to go Lily!

"Are you new, I think you are because I would remember you if I have ever saw you", he says with a small grin.

Oh my! Keep it together Lily you can do this just be calm. "Yeah, my first day."

"Oh, well the name's Jamison. Drake Jamison", he says smoothly.

I chuckle at the James Bond reference.

He has sense of humor, that's nice, but why would I care? I don't do relationships.

"Well, hi Drake, my name's Lily Reed."

"New girl!" Mr. Garret calls, I guess he doesn't know my name yet.

Well, there goes the chance of me being unnoticed.  I start to get red, like the red that heats your whole body and makes you look like a tomato. "Yes?" I ask.

"Anything you and Drake would like to share?" He arches his eyebrow and looks at me pointedly.

 As I try to come up a sufficient response. Drake beats me to it. "No sir, I was just catching Lily up on our lesson." He says without missing a beat while wearing the infamous smirk.

"Hmm...okay but if I catch y'all again it's detention for the both of you." He points at us then turns around going back to the lesson.

"Thank you." I whisper while glancing at Drake, hoping he knows how much I appreciate him saving me from saying something that completely humiliates me.

"No problem sweet cheeks." He winks and than chuckles, going back to his homework.

 There goes the blush creeping down my neck again in the last five minutes. Ugh!! Drake Jamison will be the death of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did y'all enjoy it was little longer, but I will try to make longer than this next time. Hope y'all liked it. Picture is of the school Lily goes to or prison which ever you prefer to call it;) If y'all have any questions, you can private message(pm) me or write on my wall and I will try and answer back ASAP!! Don't forget to comment and vote:)