Chapter 22

"What do you mean you're leaving." Drake says slowly.

"Drake I'm sorry, but my dad's back and I can't be around him or my mom."

"Lily you can't leave." His voice cracking at the end.

"I can't go back to my house. I have some relatives that live a few towns over, I will just move there if they let me."

"Move in with me." Drake rushes out.

"What?" I say shocked.

"My parents are rarely home, they are busy at work and they won't care. Besides Aunt Fiona loves you."

"I can't. I would be intruding way too much." I say.

"If they say yes, will you move in with me?"

"Drake I don't know..."

"Just answer the question Lily."

"Yes." I whisper.

He abruptly gets up and walks out the door. I hear talking going on from downstairs, but I can't comprehend what they are saying. Soon I hear Drake's door opening, assuming it's Drake when I turn I'm startled when I see Drake's mom, Karen.

She smiles warmly at me and comes and sit by me. She looks to welcoming like a mother should. My mom use to look like that when she was sober. "Sweetie is everything okay?"

I nod my head, but she gives me a look that says she doesn't believe me. "No." I mumble.

"Oh, honey." She says before grabbing me and pulling me into a tight hug. I cry my heart out to her. I end up explaining everything to her. She nods in understanding and I see her getting teary eyed when I bring up Mia. I finish with my Dad showing up unexpectedly.

"Lily as a mother I know your mom loves you very much. She just may show it in a funny way. I honestly don't mind you staying here, but your mom would have to sign papers that you could live with us and being under our care."

"This is so complicated." I groan out.

"I know sweetie, but you could technically still "live" there, but just come visit and spend the night very frequently." Karen says slyly.

My eyes brightened. "Really?" I screech.

She nods her head with a smile. "You can come over anytime, I will have a key made for you, so you don't have to knock."

"You don't have to." I say casting my eyes downwards.

"I know, but I want to." She grabs my chin and pulls it up so we are eye level. "You are part of this family. I hope you know that." She gives me a hug before excusing herself to go finish some work.

Drake soon comes back in with a smile on his face. I guess his mom already explained what the plan was. He scoops me up and lays down with me on top of him.

When I wake up I see Drake and I are in the same position. He looks so peaceful sleeping. I brush some of his hair off his forehead and kiss his cheek. I try to roll off of him, but his arms lock around me. "Where do you think you're going." He says with his eyes still closed.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I say with a grin.

He opens his eyes and flips us so now I'm on bottom, and he's holding himself up with his forearms. He gives me a evil grin before he starts to ferociously tickle me.

"Drake! S-s-st-o-o-op!!"I yell.

He starts to laugh before he stops tickling me and flips to the side of me. "Lily." He says quietly.