Chapter 23

After I left home Drake took me to his house. Now we are in his game room and I'm currently beating him at Mario Kart. We haven't talked about what happened with my family since we left from my house. "Ha! I won!" I jump up and scream while doing a happy dance.

He chuckles before sobering up. "Lily we need to talk about what happened?"

"No we don't."

"I don't want to argue, but you just found out that your dad wasn't the bad guy you always thought he was, and your mom lied to you half of your life. What are you going to do?"

I sigh. "Drake, I don't know what to do. I can't trust my mom. I haven't talked to my dad in like 5 years, and my head is going to explode." I say falling back into a bean bag.

Drake plops down beside me. "How bout you sleep on it? And than tomorrow we talk about it. Deal?"

"Deal." I agree.

"I'm tired, you wanna hit the sack?" Drake asks yawning.

"Yeah let me change." I go to his bathroom and grab my clothes out of my bag. I sleep in a tank top and a pair of shorts. Before grabbing my tooth brush and I start to brush my teeth. Not too long after I start Drake comes in and copies my actions. I catch his gaze in the mirror and he gives me a tooth paste filled smile.

I chuckle and him before spitting and rinsing. I go into his bedroom and lay down. A minute or so later I feel the bed dip beside me. Arms wrap around my waist and pull me into a hard surface, which I soon realize is Drake's chest. "Goodnight." I mumble to him.

"Night, sweet cheeks."

***

I wake up and the bed is empty and cold. I look around and I don't see Drake anywhere. I glance at the time and a bright yellow post it note catches my eye.

Sweet Cheeks, coach told us that we had early morning practice and I forgot. I took the bike, so you can take my truck; the keys are on my desk. Please don't scratch my it! I love you and sorry we didn't get to wake up together.
P.S. We are still going to talk about what you're are going to do about your family.
-Drake

After reading the note I realize, I should probably get dressed pretty soon. I slip on a t-shirt and jeans paired with Converse. I straighten my hair before walking to the garage. I love Drake's truck. He never lets anybody drive it. Well until now. I hop in his truck before peeling out of the drive way.

When I get to school everyone is milling around the courtyard. I get out of Drake's car and make my way into the school. When I walk in I see everyone staring at me and whispering. I cautiously glance at everybody and make my way down the hall. "Lily!" Megan yells before sprinting to me.

"What?"

"Have you seen it?" She questions me.

"Seen what?" I ask confused.

"Uh oh." Megan says with big eyes.

"Megan what have I not seen?" I say while shaking her shoulders.

She pulls out a poster and I gasp in horror. What the hell? Is this why everyone was looking at me? "Has Drake seen this?" I ask Megan.

She gives me a sympathetic nod. Crap! "Where is he?"

"He was tearing down all the posters around the school. Lily, there were everywhere!"

"I gotta go." I say before sprinting in the other direction. I'm running around the school like a mad woman searching for my boyfriend. I have to explain this to him. I stop in my tracks when I see Derek and Drew facing me and Drake's back is towards my face. He looks tense and is saying something to the guys, but I can't hear what he's saying. Drew notices me first and taps Drake on the shoulder before pointing towards me.