Chapter 10

When he hears me say yes, he swoops me in his arms, and he starts to grin like a fool. "Good, because I have been waiting a long time to do this." He says, before his lips meet mine.

    I'm shocked at first, but after a few seconds I start to kiss him back. A knock at the door startles me. Drake and I quickly separate. "Honey, dinner is ready." Karen tells Drake, before giving me a warm smile.

   "Come on." Drake says, while grabbing my hand and tugging me to the kitchen.

    We all sit down at the long table. "I'm home." A deep voice calls out.

     "Oh honey, we have a guest." Karen tells an older man.

    He looks down at me curiously. "Hi, I'm Lily Reed, I'm Drake's friend." I don't say girlfriend because I don't know when Drake wants to tell them.

    He smiles, "I'm Phillip Jamison, Drake's dad, but you can call me Phil."

    I smile in return. We all are seated, and start to dig in. Karen starts to make small chat with Fiona, while Phil asks Drake about school. All of sudden I feel someone lay their hand on my thigh. I look up and see Drake grinning. He nods his head over at his dad.

    His dad starts to chuckle. "I said do you go school with Drake."

    "Oh sorry! Yes, Drake and I go to school with each other."

    "Mom, Dad." He says grabbing everyone's attention. "Lily is actually my girlfriend." His mom squeals like a little girl.

     "Oh, that's great!" She says excitedly.

    Phil simply gives us a warm, genuine smile.

     I start to blush slightly, while Drake links our fingers together, and gives me a reassuring smile.

     After dinner is over, we go outside, and put our feet in the pool. "Your parents are nice."

    "Yeah, I'm lucky to have them." He says.

    "Thank you." I tell him.

     "For?" He asks me.

     "Letting me come over. It's been pretty fun today."

    "You don't have to thank me."

    After a while of talking, I decide to not over stay my welcome. "It's getting kind of late, I should head home."

     "Okay..." He says reluctantly.

    He helps me up, and I go say bye to everyone. We head out to his garage, and before he can protest, I sprint over to his truck, and I get in the passenger side.

    He walks up to the driver side, and gets in. "You are one weird girl." He says with a laugh.

    "This weird girl is your girlfriend." I say cheekily.

    "My girlfriend. I could get use to that." He says while giving me a peck on the forehead.

    We are on our way home, when Drake strikes up a conversation. "Would you like to go to church with my family and I tomorrow?" He asks.

     "Sure." I say.

    He smiles at me, and for the rest of the ride we sit in comfortable silence.

    "We are here." Drake states.

    We walk up to the steps to my porch. "Would you like to come in?" I ask him.

    "Sure." We walk in, and I take him up to my room.

    "I'm going to change real quick, and than we can do something, okay?" I ask him.