Chapter 26

"Aren't you excited?" Kate asks me, jumping up and down.

"Go away. It's 6 in the morning," I groan.

"But guess what day it is!" She sings while hopping on the bed I'm currently trying to sleep in.

"What day is it?" I deadpan.

"Guess."

"It's too early for my brain to function right now."

"Just guess! Please?" She says with puppy dog eyes.

"It's friggin Christmas Eve's Eve," Drake growls out before grabbing the covers and pulling them over his head, leaving me with none.

"What's Christmas Eve's Eve?" I ask, trying to take back the covers, but not getting very far.

"It's they day before Christmas Eve!" Kate yells.

"What's so special about it?"

"It means last minute shopping! Yay!" She calls before heading to the closest and pulling out clothes.

"You woke me up to tell me that you want to go shop?" I ask flipping over face first trying to get comfortable, which is hard when you're freezing to death without any covers.

"No silly! We are going shopping."

"Do I have to?" I groan out.

"Yes. Besides knowing you, I bet you haven't gotten gifts for anybody," She says with a smirk.

"I have too! I just haven't gotten their whole entire present," I argue.

"Well, you can finish getting there gifts with me," She grins.

"Fine!" I sigh out fixing to get out of bed.

"Kate, don't take my girlfriend away," Drake says while reaching his arm out and pulling me towards him.

"So needy," Kate says sticking her tongue out when Drake shoots a glare at her.

"You heard the lady, I have to go last minute shopping. See yah later," I say kissing his cheek before hopping out of bed and grabbing the clothes she laid out for me.

"What? No kiss?" He pouts.

"I did kiss you," I argue.

"I meant on the lips."

"Sorry, but morning breath is disgusting." I say making a face before continuing, "Later babe."

***

"Kaaaate...you said you were Christmas shopping," I groan.

"I am!" She argues.

"So the last 10 dresses you have tried on have been gifts?"

"Uh yeah. I mean I have to give myself a gift." I roll my eyes at her before browsing through a clothes rack. "Sooo...what are you going to give lover boy for Christmas?"

"Not telling."

"Why not?" She sighs out.

"Because you will tell him. You tell him everything."

"I will tell you what he gave you," She bribes.

"Really?"

"No." She says sadly.

"Why not?"

"He wouldn't tell me. Apparently I tell people everything." She says glumly.

I chuckle before we agree to part ways so, I can get the rest of my last minute shopping done. I decide to get Kate's first. I aimlessly walk around the mall trying to find something that screams 'Kate'. An hour later I'm still looking for something. Then I see it! In a store's window are white heels with silver sparkles. I walk into the store and go to pick up the shoes. I grab one heel but, when I go to pick up the other, I see someone has it in their hands.