Chapter 25

At first I feel complete sorrow, but my devastation soon turns into fury. "What the hell?" I voice out.

Both of there gazes snap to mine. Dammit! She's gorgeous. "Hi!", she says cheerfully.

I give her a sadistic smirk, "Hey." I grit out. My glare soon focuses on Drake. "Care to explain?"

"Explain what?" Drake says dumbfounded.

"Are you kidding me? You are a complete imbecile, do you know that? Oh right, you don't know because you think you're so much better than me. Ugh! You are such a hypocrite Drake Jamison. Have a nice life!" I all but scream in his face before walking out.

I hear footsteps behind, but don't lessen my pace. "You are making a fool out of yourself." Drake says with a smirk.

I give him a quizzical look, "How?"

"You're jumping to conclusions." He states simply.

"No I'm not. I know what I saw." I say defiantly.

"Oh really? Than what did you see, Miss Know-it-all?" He taunts me.

"You were up close and personal with that girl?"

He chuckles, "That girl?"

"Yes! That girl."

"Well that girl happens to be my sister." He states matter of factly.

"Ha! I knew it, you were ch- Wait what? Sister?"

"Yup." He says simply before walking away.

"You're just going to walk away?" I call to his back.

"Yeah, pretty much." He calls without turning around.

Way to go Lily...make him hate you more. "He doesn't hate you." I hear a voice say. I must of said that aloud. I turn around and see his sister with a small smile.

"How do you know?" I question her.

"He's my brother, and if he was mad at you, he would completely ignore you. He still loves you. By the way, I'm Kate."

"Yeah, but I messed up pretty bad." I sigh.

"Dinner is ready!" I hear Karen call out from the kitchen.

"Look, I know we just met and you thought Drake was cheating on you with me, but sorry incest really isn't how I roll." That earns a chuckle from me. "I just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything."

I nod in response, "Thanks." I mumble. She walks into the dining room with me following.

"Oh! I see you have met Kate." Karen says with a smile.

"Yeah, she thought I was ch-ouch!" Drake says getting interrupted with a pinch from Kate.

"Yeah, I think Lily and I will get along just fine." Kate says sending me a wink. I give her a small grin before taking my seat, which happens to be across from Drake and beside Kate.

"So how is college going?" Phil asks Kate.

"Good. I passed all my semester exams."

"How's school going?" Phil asks, now directing his question to Drake and I.

"Good." I say simply.

"Yeah, it pretty good. Just having to deal with liars." Drake says with a smirk.

Kate glares at him while I keep my eyes cast downward. "Oh, well you shouldn't dwell on the negative. This is the last week of school before Christmas break." Karen says oblivious to the situation.