Chapter 24

I can't believe it, everything is falling apart. I don't know how I can fix this. Drake was my rock, the guy I could trust and he could trust me back. I think I broke my rock. My dad went to a mental institution. No matter how many times I say it, it still never seems real. My mom's a lying cheater. Leo knows something about the night that I got raped. Was it him? Does he know who did it? So many thoughts are running through my head.

I decide to sit down on the entrance steps of the school to relieve my now pounding head. I gaze at the almost empty parking lot in front of me. I see Drake's car that he let me use, and I realize something. I love Drake Jamison and I let my lie break us apart. Is the end of us? Will Drake ever trust me again?

I get up and dust myself off before heading towards the car. I get in, but before I put the key in the ignition I look around the car and think of all of the memories Drake and I have had in here. I remember the laughs. I remember the tears. Will Drake just be a distant memory?

I shake the thoughts away and peel out of the parking lot. I sure have been thinking a lot, yet I still have no clue what to do about anything. My phone starts to buzz and the caller ID says dad. That still seems to shock me, my dad is now just a phone call away.

I press answer and hear his voice ring out from speaker phone, "Hey darling."

"Hey dad." I say my throat achy from all the tears.

"I have been wanting to tell you in person, but you are never around."

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"Sweetie, I'm going back to the institution."

"No! You can't. You just got here. I thought you were better. I know I haven't been around much, but I've been so overwhelmed and I just don't want you to leave daddy." I start to sob. I've never cried so much in my life. I swear I could fill the Pacific Ocean with my tears.

"I am better, I've been hired as a counselor there to help patients just like I got helped. I'm not leaving for good, I will call you and write you. This isn't like last time, I promise."

"When do you leave?"

"Two days after Christmas. We still have two months together. We can work on our relationship, I can be the dad you deserve. I have to go, I love you."

"Love you too." I say before ending the call. My tears are gone, now all that's left is the salty taste from them, and my throat feels as dry as the Sahara desert. My dad and I will be okay. We can make it through this, we always do.

I decided that I probably shouldn't go to Drake's house quite yet. I take a left and head towards the place I call hell. My house.

I pull up in the driveway and can hear my mom and George bickering. "You were married!" I hear him yell.

"That wasn't marriage that was like being caught in a spider web, and I couldn't get out." My mom seethes.

I don't think they have noticed me, or they have and just ignored me. Wouldn't put it pass my mother. "Mom." I say, no reply. "George." I call out yet again, I don't hear a response.

"Guys!" I yell out and my voice echoes through out the house.

Their heads snap towards me, and my face heats up from the intensity of there gaze. "Oh, honey." My mom cooes, and comes towards me with her arms out stretched.

"Don't." My voice comes out eerily calm and my mom drops her arms and a frown sits upon her lips. "I came to say that I love you, but mom what happened to you? You use to be my role model, the woman I aspired to be. Now, you are just a person who hooks up with men and on occasion I will get a hug or kiss on the cheek. I miss my mom. I know it hurt that dad had to leave, but you let me believe he chose to leave. Was it to make you feel better? Did it help you stray away from the fact that you married some one mentally ill? Because I grieved a loss, but at the time I didn't know I would be grieving two losses. My father and mother."

My mom looks speechless. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. After a while she slumps, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I hurt you and your father in more ways than one. I was planning on telling you the truth from the beginning, but I got scared and I hid the truth. George, I'm sorry too. I should of told you, but I was ashamed of myself." I see a tear drop from my mom's eyes and that's the first real emotion I have seen from her in forever. I feel like I should break out into a Frozen song, but now is not the time.

"I honestly do forgive you, but I'm filing for divorce. I can't go on like this with you." George says snapping me back to reality.

My mom nods in response. I know she's not sad, because she lost her true love five years ago, and she's the only one to blame for it. George leaves the room and I decide to speak up, "Mom, just know that I love you and things will get better, but you have to put as much effort into our relationship as I do."

She nods in return, "I love you too, I'm sorry I don't say that enough."

"I might be back tonight to sleep, but don't wait up for me. Bye." I say because I don't know if I'm staying at Drake's anymore.

I get in the car and make my way to Drake's house. Today has been an eventful day. I park the car and walk in the threshold. I put the keys on the rack and I smell something delicious baking. I walk in the kitchen and see Fiona whisking away. "What smells so good." I say inhaling a big whiff.

"Oh! Dear, you scared me to death. I'm just making an apple pie."

"I can't wait." I say walking out and I clumsily run into Karen. "Oh, I am so sorry." I say my face heating up from my great coordination.

"It's fine dear. Are you and Drake okay, he's sure been grumpy since he got home."

"We've been better." I answer honestly.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure y'all will get through it. Dinners almost ready, why don't you go wash up."

I wanted to argue and say I was going back home after I grabbed some clothes, but the pie smelled too good. How could I say no? "Okay." I agree.

I head upstairs and walk to the bathroom. As I walk I realize today has gone utterly terrible, nothing could make it worse. On my way to freshen up I see Drake's door open. One peek won't hurt. I slowly poke my head through the door. My last statement was wrong because the sight in front of me makes my day way worse. Drake is in his boxers with nothing else on, and he is hugging the life out of a girl that soon kisses his cheek. And that girl isn't me.

************************************************************************************************************
Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while, I've been busy with family. My birthday is coming up on July 4th. I'm excited! I hope y'all enjoyed. What's going to happen next? Read and find out.n
Like, comment, vote;)