Chapter 7

When I got to school the next morning, I saw Megan there with Derek. "Hey Meg."

    "Hi!" She said cheerfully, like she didn't have a meltdown the day before.

    "Are you feeling better?" I question her.

    "I'm perfectly fine." She says with a smile. Did she not just tell me her mom was gone yesterday, and now she's acting like nothing is wrong. "If you will excuse me, I need to use the ladies room." She says, before untangling herself from Derek, and heading towards the restrooms.

    When she's gone, I look over at Derek, and give him a confused look. "She's in denial, she uses that to help her cope with her problems." He informs me.

    "I'm just worried for her." I tell him, with a sad look.

    "Me too, but she's tough, I know she will be okay at the end." He says more to himself, than me.

*****************************************

    We make it to lunch, and we all get in the pizza lunch line. Angela Grayson approaches us with her "posse". What the heck does she want now?

    All of a sudden all of her spaghetti she had on her plate lands all over Megan. "Whoops." She says with smile.

    "You little b-" Megan starts to say, but gets rudely interrupted.

    "Sorry, I didn't see you there...Oh wait yeah I did." She laughs.

    "You're so lucky I cant hit a girl." Derek snaps at her.

    "You're right, Derek you can't hit a girl...but I can." I say, and I quickly reel my fist back, and hit her square in nose. I hear a sickening crack, and I smirk. "Now you have a reason to get another nose job."

    "Miss Reed!" I hear a sharp voice call my name. Shoot! "Go to to the nurse, and let her check your hand, than come to my office immediately!" Mr. Ethan, our principal tells me.

    "Yes sir." I say disappointed, that I didn't get away with it.

    "I will take you to the nurse." Drake offers.

    It's not like I needed an escort, but I didn't object. "Okay."

    We make our way to the nurse's office, and that's when I start to feel the pain in my hand. I look down, and my hand is purple and is already starting to swell.

    "Ow! Remind to not punch anyone ever again." I tell Drake.

    "Will do, but that was pretty awesome, what you did back there." He says with a grin.

    I smirk. "Well, she deserved it." I say not feeling the least bit guilty.

    "The sass is real!" He exclaims.

    "Don't ever say that again." I managed to say in between my fits of laughter.

    He gives me a heart stopping smile, the one that shows his dimples. Ugh! Just when I thought, I was getting over him.

    We make it to the nurse's office, and she inspects my hand, and starts to feel my knuckles. I hiss in return.

    "I don't think your hand is broken, just some severe bruising. To keep the swelling down, try to ice your hand frequently. Here you can have this to use for the rest is the day." She says while giving me a bag of ice.

    "Thanks." I say, and walk out heading to the principal's office. "Thanks for walking me to the nurse's office. See yah later." I tell Drake.