Chapter 5

I want to give a shout out to my friend on watt pad who inspired me to write and you should check out her book it's amaze balls!! It's called Sincerely, Cali Green  heyitsmebz is the author;)

****************************************

I wake up to my alarm, and get ready for school. As I'm applying minimal makeup, I think about yesterday and what all went down.

I hope Drake and I can still be friends, I mean it was just a kiss, it's not like he confessed his love for me or anything of that sort.

Right on cue my mom calls me down for breakfast, she used to not do this, but apparently husband number four actually cares about my well being. Hmm...shocker!

I appreciate it, I really do, but I just want to live my own life, like every other teenager in the world.

I go downstairs and see a stack pancakes on the table already prepared for me to eat. "Thanks for making my plate, mom." I tell her mumbling about how good her pancakes are.

"Actually, George made your plate. He said he knows it hard to move into a new house with a new person and go to a new school, so he thought he would do something nice for you. Isn't that sweet?"

"Yeah, where is he anyways?" I say as I realize I haven't seen him all morning.

"He had to go down to the office and deal with some legal stuff, I don't really know, he didn't go into details. Oh! Look at the time, you will be late for school if you don't head there now." Mom says frantically.

She gives me a kiss bye and I walk out the door, as I get to the end of my street I see Megan waiting at the stop sign. Once she notices me she waves frantically at me and gestures for me to get into the car. "Hey!" She greets cheerfully.

"Hey, thanks for giving me a lift." I say with a smile.

"I could take you to school everyday if you want." She offers sweetly

"I don't want to bother you-

"It's not a problem. From now on I pick you up, I would offer you to take you home, but I have cheer practice after school." She interrupts me.

"Thanks and don't worry about I like to walk home."

"If you don't mind me asking why don't you have a car, I mean I know you're pretty wealthy."

I knew this would come up. Don't think about that night Lily keep calm. Breath in and out. In. Out. "I got it taken away from me." I say, not giving off anymore information.

She nods in response, understanding I don't really want to talk about it.

We pull into school and everyone is in the schoolyard hanging out and talking in their cliques.

I get out of the car and walk up to the school still getting some curious stares from people since I'm still considered 'the new girl'.

Megan and I reach her group of friends. Well, I guess they're my friends too. That's a surprise, last year I was considered a freak. It's nice to have people that you can trust. I can trust all of them except Drake. Maybe he's a good friend, but I don't want to take that chance and find out that he's not trustworthy.

The bell rings signaling everyone that first period is starting soon, so we all head inside.

I sat in the same spot as last time in math class, and so did Drake, but we didn't say a word to each other the whole class. Which I was thankful for.

When the bell rings I walk to second period English, which I have with Drew.

"Hello, please get seated so we can get started." Mrs. Monroe says, waiting for everyone to settle down.