Chapter 11

When I wake up, I realized I was suspended, and couldn't leave the house because I was "grounded".

    I get up and do my morning routine. I look at my phone, and I see a text from Drake.

    Good morning;) I don't know what happened last night, but whenever you want to talk, I will be here to listen.

    I read the text over a few times and smiled. He doesn't know how thankful I am of him right now.

    I look out the window, and don't see any cars in the driveway, which means nobody is home.

    I go downstairs and see a note on the fridge.

    Your mom and I went to a last minute business trip. We won't be back until Sunday. ~Love George~

    Wow...my mom doesn't even have the decency to write it herself. I miss my old mom, who used to bake cookies and read me bed time stories. Now I'm lucky if I get to see her anymore.

    The rest of the day goes by slow and dull, just like my life. My phone vibrates in my pocket I look, and I see Drake calling me.

    "Hello?" I answer.

    "Hey, so do you want me to stop by to drop off your work."

    "Yeah, that would be great."

    "Well, I will see you in a little bit."

     I look around the house, and I see it's a huge mess. I start to clean furiously. I just got done sweeping, when I hear a knock on the door.

    "Hey." I breathe out, when I opened the door.

    "Hey, sweet cheeks. I brought our work that you missed, and I thought we could do it together." He offered.

    We work on math homework for a while, until I throw my books at the wall, and fall out into the floor. "Ugh! Trigonometry sucks." I say.

    Drake looks down at me from the couch.

    "Are you having fun?" He laughs.

   "You can go eat a sock!" I retort back.

    He gives me an incredulous look. "I think your high."

    I would have argued back, but the math homework used all my brain juice. And I am very limited on that stuff.

    He looks at me for a little bit, before asking the question I have been waiting for all day long. "Are you going to elaborate on what happened last night."

    "Umm...can I pass."

    "If you don't want to tell me, than you don't have to." He says, but I could tell he wanted to say more.

     "Are you hungry?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

    He stares at me for a few seconds. "Whatever...I guess." He says.

    "I'm sorry that I'm not ready to tell you!" I snap at him.

    His eyes go wide. "I didn't even say anything. Don't take your anger out on me, when your pissed off at someone else."

    "Don't tell me how to live my life!" I yell at him.

    "Okay...Lily, I think we should just forget this conversation ever happened."

    "You can't just forget your problems." I say angrily.

    All of a sudden all the anger in me dissipates, and I just drop. Luckily Drake catches me. I start to cry into his shirt. Jeez. I'm so emotional.

    "Umm..." Drake trails off. He hugs me tight. "Are you okay?" He asks me hesitantly.

    I wipe my tears. "Yeah...maybe it would be best if you leave." I grab his hand and pull him to the door.

     "Lily! Wait...I'm sorry." He said, even though it wasn't fault.

    "Drake it's not you. Don't apologize. Goodbye." I say and close the door in his face. I lean against the door until I hear his motorcycle ride off.

     My mom was right. I push people away. I pushed the one person that was there for me away. What is wrong with me. I almost called him, to beg him to come back, but than I thought about my past, and I realize he's better off with out me. I curl up in a ball, and cry myself to sleep, thinking about Drake and Mia. Oh Mia, I miss you so much. I'm sorry I failed you.

***************************************************************************************************************************
So what just happened? Guess y'all will have to read and find out. I know it's a little short, but I felt like this needed it's own chapter. Vote, comment, like;)