Chapter 17

My eyes flutter open, only to be shut tightly because of how bright it is. I slowly peel them open to see that I am in a hospital. Why am I in a hospital? Oh right...I went into anaphylactic shock. Stupid poison ivy.

"Hey, I thought I would never see those beautiful chocolate orbs again." Drake says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey," I say, but it sounds more like a croak because of my dry throat.

"You want some water?" Drake offers.

I nod eagerly. "Where's my mom?" I ask after a while of silence.

"She was here, but she left to go check on George." Drake replies.

Of course she did. He's a grown man that is perfectly capable of taking care of himself, and I got sent to the hospital, but who does she choose? George. Of course she chose him, she has to make sure to suck up to him, so she can keep pulling in the money.

"I'm here," Drake says after a while.

I smile at him. "I know and thank you. How long have I been here?" I question him.

"About two days."

"You stayed the whole two days?" I ask incredulously.

"Yeah," He says with a laugh. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you have a life."

"Your right I do, but I rather be here with you."

"Thank you," I say meekly.

He opens his mouth to say something, but when the doctor walks in he gets cut off.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Kinsley."

"Hi."

"Are you feeling better?" He questions me.

I nod my head in response.

"Are you feeling any itchiness?"

"No, but my whole body is sore."

"That is understandable. It is probably from you subconsciously scratching. I will prescribe you some ointment to take care of that. Okay?"

"Okay."

He writes something on his clipboard before telling me I am free to go. Drake helps me out of the bed because my legs are a little wobbly.

We walk out of the hospital and Drake takes me home. When we get there I don't see any cars in the drive way so that means no one is home. As usual.

"Everyone came over to the hospital this morning while you were asleep, and they brought our school work. You want to do it together?" Drake asks me.

"Sure."

We walk up to the house and I unlock the door before going inside. When I walk inside all my friends are in there finishing up party decorations. There's a banner that says welcome home and balloons are every.

"Guys y'all were supposed to hide and yell surprise." Drake says with a groan.

"We had to finish decorating, but I guess surprise!" Megan says while shaking her jazz hands.

I laugh. "Thanks guys, it's the thought that counts," I tell them.

"We missed you so much!" Megan says.

"I was only out for two days." I say with a laugh.

"Yeah, but you scared us." Halley tells me.

I slowly chuckle before apologizing about causing that big scene.