Who Is The Man Under The Hood?

"Oliver?" She called through the coms.

"I'm here," he answered.

"Just be careful," she sighed. The thought of him being hurt made her chest tighten.

"I promise."

She knew what was about to happen. It was the very thing she hated. Even though she wanted to scream and beg him not to she understood why he did it.

"I'm going silent."

She took a deep breath. "Roger that," she tried for a upbeat tone but it just came out a slightly strangled.

She sat in her chair for what felt like hours but a look at her watch only confirmed that it hadn't been nearly that long. She felt better that John and Sara were with Oliver but it didn't take her worry away. There were so many things that could go wrong. So many unknown variables. They could all be dead and she wouldn't even know it.

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head. "No, they're fine." She laid a hand on her belly. "Daddy's fine, and so is Uncle John. As for Sara, well you don't have to worry about her, she can take care of herself. She's strong. Maybe when your older she can teach you a few moves." She smiled at the thought. "I know I should be opposed to you learning how to fight but it kinda runs in the family and you really should know how to protect yourself. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to go the tech route though. Sit behind a computer where nothing could hurt you, well except hackers, but I'm sure you'll be smart enough to take care of them easily." She laughed a little.

"Unless you get your father's IQ and one track mind, then you'd probably better stay away from computers and stick to fighting. Not serious fighting, more like I don't know, karate? Yeah you can do that." She sighed and shook her head. "I'm even babbling to a baby! You don't mind do you?" She felt a kick and a smile stretched across her face. "I didn't think so. Your Dad likes it when I talk too even though I have no idea why."

She spun in her chair and stared at a place on the low ceiling. She didn't like it here as much as the old foundry but that was probably because they didn't have everything they needed. Most of her computers and her processors were at Verdant, as well as a lot of their medical equipment, though they had the basics and tools.

It had been long enough hadn't it? What was keeping them? She checked her watch again and nearly fell from her chair when her comm turned on. "Felicity?"

"Holy crap! How is it you startle me even when I've been expecting you? And now I'm babbling, shut up Felicity. What happened?"

"A lot." He was a man of few words which at times drove her crazy.

"Give me the cliff notes version."

"Isabel's in with Slade and they were using Roy as their own personal blood bank."

"Dear God," she whispered in shock. "Do you have him?" Stupid question but she just needed it to be reassured.

"Yes, on our way back now." He replied.

She jumped from her chair and started to ready the room.

Thirty minutes later the door clanged open and three sets of feet pounded down the stairs. Diggle and Oliver were carrying Roy and Sara was trailing behind bo staff still in hand. She had cleared a table for them to lay Roy on and she grabbed a towels too put behind his head.

"Is he okay?"

"He's lost a lot of blood. I don't know what the biotransfuser did to him," answered Sara as she grabbed a IV and started to attach it to his arm. "His pulse is week and he's barely breathing, We have to get him to a Doctor."