Chapter 19- Stay Strong

 Brook's P.O.V. 

I was in my room, getting ready for Virginia's funeral. I couldn't believe this was happening. Within just a couple of days, i loved her as family, and now she's gone.

I wanted to try to get my mind off of the thought but i just couldn't. The funeral would be starting pretty soon, so i decided to get ready. I had put on a long sleeve lace dress, with black high heels. I added a necklace that had metals leaves on them. I didn't feel like overdoing my make up so i just put on simple pink lip gloss, and black eyeliner. My hair was done in a fish tail. (outfit to the right side). 

After i was done with that, i didn't really have anything to do, and i had completely lost track of time. So i went over to the garden were the funeral would be held. There was literally no one in the halls, so i walked fast thinking that the funeral might have started. But once i got there, everyone was just sitting down probably waiting for it to start. I spotted the lads sitting in front, and saw that there was an open seat next to Liam. I walked over to them, and sat down, noticing that all of them had tuxes on and sorrow expressions. I mean i know that they've known Virginia for a long time, but really i should be the most hurt out of all of these people.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone began talking. 

"Virginia, she was a kind-hearted woman." Louis began talking. Louis had a speech? Why didn't i know this? Wait, will i go up? Oh God....

 "She was always there for us." He kept going, talking in a weak-ish tone. 

"We all loved her, no matter what situation we were in. She was always there for us. Always helped us with everything. Once again. Virginia you are such a kind-hearted woman." Louis finished looking at her coffin before walking and sitting back down. 

I knew i had a feeling i was going to be called up. but i don't even know what to say!

"Brooklyn, since you're Virginia's family, would you give a speech?" A person asked me who was standing by Virginia's coffin. I nodded. I kept swearing in my head. What was i going to say? AHH!!! I sighed to myself. Might as well wing it. I cleared my throat once i got to the podium. Everyone was staring at me. Everyone.

"Might as well start off by saying, that i'm not ready to give a speech." I confessed, as everyone, chuckled lightly. 

"Ok well here goes nothing,"I started to say, as i looked over to the coffin. Oh, no. Tears were coming, and i could feel it. Suck it up Brook! 

"I found out that Virginia was my aunt, not too long ago. Ever since then, i felt like i knew her my entire life. I guess that's because we were family. Like Louis said, she was willing to help anyone, even if she was busy or not." I said. I looked around, and everyone was staring at me, and listening.